Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with mounting wall phone

On Oct 19, 2:34*am, Daniel Carlson
wrote:
I have an antique wall phone which has been modified to work with
today's modular jacks. *Problem is, the phone lacks the mounting
hardware on the back which slides over the two slightly protruding screw
heads which are found on a standard telephone switchplate, or wall
plate. *Does anyone know of an online hardware store that carries such a
two hole "keyhole" type mount for wall mounting a telephone? *I've found
single keyhole mounts, but would prefer the type that's specifically
made for telephones if they're available.

TIA.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore *CO

One such plate with filter was in the kit that came with my dsl kit
from the phone company, ask around I can't imagine many folks use them.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an antique wall phone which has been modified to work with
today's modular jacks. *Problem is, the phone lacks the mounting
hardware on the back which slides over the two slightly protruding screw
heads which are found on a standard telephone switchplate, or wall
plate. *Does anyone know of an online hardware store that carries such a
two hole "keyhole" type mount for wall mounting a telephone? *I've found
single keyhole mounts, but would prefer the type that's specifically
made for telephones if they're available.

TIA.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore *CO

One such plate with filter was in the kit that came with my dsl kit
from the phone company, ask around I can't imagine many folks use them.

Can't you just put two scres in place on the wall with the correct
spacing and then slide the wall phone down on the two screws? IIRC,
the spacing is 4" between the two screws.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dan:

I have one of those DSL brackets from my kit when I went to the Verizon
system. If you would like it, I would be more than happy to ship to you for
free. All I ask ,is if it works that you reimburse the shipping cost from
Plano Tx. !

Let me know

Bill in Plano
wrote:
I have an antique wall phone which has been modified to work with
today's modular jacks. Problem is, the phone lacks the mounting
hardware on the back which slides over the two slightly protruding screw
heads which are found on a standard telephone switchplate, or wall
plate. Does anyone know of an online hardware store that carries such a
two hole "keyhole" type mount for wall mounting a telephone? I've found
single keyhole mounts, but would prefer the type that's specifically
made for telephones if they're available.

TIA.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore CO

One such plate with filter was in the kit that came with my dsl kit
from the phone company, ask around I can't imagine many folks use them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the response.

The hardware on the wall is already in place. What I need is the
hardware that goes on the phone. I could use two separate keyhole
mounts, but I'd prefer to find a single plate with two keyholes in it. I
thought maybe someone manufactures one specifically for this purpose.

Dan

Dan

Ma Bell had converter plates for the old rotary wall phones- is this
what we are talking about? Made the phone stick out from the wall and
was usually wobbly to boot.

Personally, I would take apart the wall jack, and just hard mount the
phone directly to wall with the original screw holes on the back plate.
Find some way to go from the red and green (or the blue/white and
white/blue wires, if modern wire) wires in the wall to L1 and L2 in the
phone. You can even float a small modular jack in the wall if you want
to stay modular. Most old wall phones, the shell pops right off.

Post a picture of the jack, and the front and back of the phone, and put
a link back here. A picture is worth lots of words, etc.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair

aemeijers wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Pretty much what I was going to write. Remove the plate, cut a hole in
the wall and add a modular jack. Plug the phone in and as you go to
hang it on the wall, stuff the wires inside the hole with the jack. How
to hang it depends on the phone. If you can open it up and see the back
of it, put a couple screws through and be sure to hit 1 stud, or use
molly bolts.

Floor mounting Wall mounting Boiler (Combi) John UK diy 9 May 7th 09 08:06 PM
Wall Mounting Help Bill Davis Jr Home Repair 10 January 9th 06 09:36 PM
Wall mounting lcd tv [email protected] UK diy 6 November 9th 05 05:28 PM
wall Mounting an LCD Bouffont UK diy 16 May 20th 05 09:29 PM
How much weight can a wall support (mounting a cabinet on a wall) Mannanan MacLir Woodworking 46 November 27th 03 02:21 AM