Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Help with mounting wall phone

On Oct 19, 12:01*pm, beecrofter wrote:
On Oct 19, 2:34*am, Daniel Carlson
wrote:

I have an antique wall phone which has been modified to work with
today's modular jacks. *Problem is, the phone lacks the mounting
hardware on the back which slides over the two slightly protruding screw
heads which are found on a standard telephone switchplate, or wall
plate. *Does anyone know of an online hardware store that carries such a
two hole "keyhole" type mount for wall mounting a telephone? *I've found
single keyhole mounts, but would prefer the type that's specifically
made for telephones if they're available.

TIA.

Dan Carlson
Wetmore *CO

One such plate with filter was in the kit that came with my dsl kit
from the phone company, ask around I can't imagine many folks use them.

Can't you just put two scres in place on the wall with the correct
spacing and then slide the wall phone down on the two screws? IIRC,
the spacing is 4" between the two screws.