Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water sprayer

Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Years ago, I used a kiddy toy fire extinguisher, and that
worked reasonably well. But, it's only about 20 ounces, and
only lasts for one quick squirt.

Best I've found have been the Roundup sprayers, with the
brass wand and pump top. A pressurized water fire
extinguisher would do a nice job, but would look a bit
strange.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/19/2009 2:13 PM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Years ago, I used a kiddy toy fire extinguisher, and that
worked reasonably well. But, it's only about 20 ounces, and
only lasts for one quick squirt.

Best I've found have been the Roundup sprayers, with the
brass wand and pump top. A pressurized water fire
extinguisher would do a nice job, but would look a bit
strange.

I'm using my Ortho "Yard Plus" lawn & garden sprayer to clean and seal a
deck. All plastic except for brass wand. Has a pump top that develops
decent pressure. Works pretty well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:13:29 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Years ago, I used a kiddy toy fire extinguisher, and that
worked reasonably well. But, it's only about 20 ounces, and
only lasts for one quick squirt.

Best I've found have been the Roundup sprayers, with the
brass wand and pump top. A pressurized water fire
extinguisher would do a nice job, but would look a bit
strange.

You may want to try one of the backpack sprayers, the kind with a long
lever you can pump while wearing the tank on your back. Got mine at
Sam's Club (Costco, BJ's, etc) and it sprays a pretty good stream with
the nozzle adjusted right. I find it less tiring than having to keep
stopping and bending over to pump the garden type sprayer.

HTH,

Paul F.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Gonna try one of these (on order).

has a length of 179 characters and resulted in the following
TinyURL which has a length of 25 characters:
http://tinyurl.com/mevkza
[Open in new window]
Or, give your recipients confidence with a preview TinyURL:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/mevkza
[Open in new window]

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Stormin Mormon" wrote
in message ...
Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Years ago, I used a kiddy toy fire extinguisher, and that
worked reasonably well. But, it's only about 20 ounces, and
only lasts for one quick squirt.

Best I've found have been the Roundup sprayers, with the
brass wand and pump top. A pressurized water fire
extinguisher would do a nice job, but would look a bit
strange.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

Posted to alt.home.repair

That could work. The sprayer I'm using came with Roundup,
but I used the 8 ounce concentrate in another device.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

I'm using my Ortho "Yard Plus" lawn & garden sprayer to
clean and seal a
deck. All plastic except for brass wand. Has a pump top that
develops
decent pressure. Works pretty well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I did buy one of those, with an eye towards if I needed to
clean a roof top AC. I never did end up using it, and still
have it. Very good thought, and thank you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Paul Franklin" wrote in
message ...

You may want to try one of the backpack sprayers, the kind
with a long
lever you can pump while wearing the tank on your back. Got
mine at
Sam's Club (Costco, BJ's, etc) and it sprays a pretty good
stream with
the nozzle adjusted right. I find it less tiring than having
to keep
stopping and bending over to pump the garden type sprayer.

HTH,

Paul F.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Make one. Find an empty refrigerant canister of the appropriate size, and
hook a hose to the valve. You can get kits to convert these to air tanks
that have a Schrader valve so you can pressurize them with compressed air.
If you get one with a dip tube that would be best, but if you cant find one,
just invert the can to squirt water.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Make one. Find an empty refrigerant canister of the appropriate size, and
hook a hose to the valve. You can get kits to convert these to air tanks
that have a Schrader valve so you can pressurize them with compressed air.
If you get one with a dip tube that would be best, but if you cant find one,
just invert the can to squirt water.

All of the newer refrigerant disposable cans have check valves
as per government meddling for many years now. You might be
able to find an old one in an old motor room somewhere that
doesn't have the check valve.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

And, how does one get the water into the tank? I guess you
could adapt to the water hose outside your house. Most
refrigerant tanks now days have a one way valve, so you
can't refill them.

In any case, I did an Ebay search for 12 volt pressure
washer, and found a gazoony that's billed as strong powerful
stream, or gentle enough to spray a dog. I ordered one, and
will test it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

Make one. Find an empty refrigerant canister of the
appropriate size, and
hook a hose to the valve. You can get kits to convert these
to air tanks
that have a Schrader valve so you can pressurize them with
compressed air.
If you get one with a dip tube that would be best, but if
you cant find one,
just invert the can to squirt water.

--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in
the tube, then
they come up with this striped stuff.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I used to use them for inflating tires. Back in the old
days. I always wondered if I could use a freon adaptor kit,
and screw it onto a full tank, inflate more tires that way.
I'm sure I could have. Before freon was dangerous, of
course.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

All of the newer refrigerant disposable cans have check
valves
as per government meddling for many years now. You might be
able to find an old one in an old motor room somewhere that
doesn't have the check valve.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Years ago, I used a kiddy toy fire extinguisher, and that
worked reasonably well. But, it's only about 20 ounces, and
only lasts for one quick squirt.

Best I've found have been the Roundup sprayers, with the
brass wand and pump top. A pressurized water fire
extinguisher would do a nice job, but would look a bit
strange.

I use a pump-up herbicide sprayer to clean the cracks, then a sponge to
flush a surface.

The nozzle of a sprayer is designed for the flow of herbicide you might
want to apply from ten feet. If I wanted a bigger flow I'd drill the
nozzle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/20/2009 4:52 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

Before freon was dangerous, of course.

So you're saying what: that freon only became dangerous by government
decree?

Sheesh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm not saying that freon is dangerous, even now.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 8/20/2009 4:52 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

Before freon was dangerous, of course.

So you're saying what: that freon only became dangerous by
government
decree?

Sheesh.

Looking for a Power Sprayer Rod[_4_] Home Repair 1 May 15th 08 09:10 AM
HVLP sprayer RM MS Woodworking 19 March 6th 07 06:27 PM
flame sprayer? Gunner Metalworking 29 March 11th 06 08:47 AM
Vegetable sprayer Tony Hwang Home Repair 5 February 14th 05 05:48 PM
HVLP Sprayer?? Ron A Woodworking 1 December 31st 03 09:02 AM