Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul Franklin[_2_] Paul Franklin[_2_] is offline

Default Water sprayer

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 17:13:29 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Need something, one or two galons. That I can pump up and
rinse dust out of equipment. Compressed air doesn't clean
well enough. Gotta be water. The garden sprayers from the
store are the right idea. But, the new ones with the plastic
wand just don't have the flow.

Years ago, I used a kiddy toy fire extinguisher, and that
worked reasonably well. But, it's only about 20 ounces, and
only lasts for one quick squirt.

Best I've found have been the Roundup sprayers, with the
brass wand and pump top. A pressurized water fire
extinguisher would do a nice job, but would look a bit
strange.

You may want to try one of the backpack sprayers, the kind with a long
lever you can pump while wearing the tank on your back. Got mine at
Sam's Club (Costco, BJ's, etc) and it sprays a pretty good stream with
the nozzle adjusted right. I find it less tiring than having to keep
stopping and bending over to pump the garden type sprayer.

HTH,

Paul F.