Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cut a Circle on a Table Saw - Revisited

From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently. The
principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can still
see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it as
an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently. The
principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can still
see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and did kick
out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

What? No duct tape involved???

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it as
an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently. The
principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can still
see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and did kick
out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

Interesting but I would never get my hands that close to the blade while the
saw is running. That was hard for me to watch.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

olddog wrote:
"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it as
an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently. The
principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can still
see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and did kick
out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

Interesting but I would never get my hands that close to the blade while the
saw is running. That was hard for me to watch.

od

It's amazes me that guy still has all his fingers. I'd rather watch
Jackass on MTV then that video again.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 04 May 2009 22:37:09 GMT, "olddog" wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it as
an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently. The
principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can still
see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and did kick
out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

Interesting but I would never get my hands that close to the blade while the
saw is running. That was hard for me to watch.

od

See this video. Amazing what a saw blade can do.

New Cool Tool ARCUS Cutting System

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9UVBF128E0

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Fat Moe" wrote in message
olddog wrote:
"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

[...]

Remember Paul Timberman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkYOgDJ9MMU

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

"olddog" wrote in
:

"Fat Moe" wrote in message
olddog wrote:
"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

[...]

ROTFLLMAO. I have never seen him. And yet another use for duct tape!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Al is offline

"Red Green" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it
as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently.
The principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can
still see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and
did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

What? No duct tape involved???

I said eyes were ok...duct tape used to reattach finger though :-)

Not funny, I just lost left index with a table saw :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al" wrote in message

"Red Green" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it
as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently.
The principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can
still see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and
did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

What? No duct tape involved???

I said eyes were ok...duct tape used to reattach finger though :-)

Not funny, I just lost left index with a table saw :-(

Man....sorry to hear that.

I had a 8th grade shop teacher that had cut off fingers on both hands. I
take power tool safety VERY seriously. He was a good teacher.

od

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Al" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used
it as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do
frequently. The principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can
still see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can
and did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

What? No duct tape involved???

I said eyes were ok...duct tape used to reattach finger though :-)

Not funny, I just lost left index with a table saw :-(

Not meant to be maliciously funny and would never wish it on anyone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Joe" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it
as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently.
The principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can
still see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and
did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

buy a bandsaw

It's buy ME a bandsaw Joe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 4 May 2009 19:59:52 -0500, in alt.home.repair, "Al"
wrote:

"Red Green" wrote in message
I said eyes were ok...duct tape used to reattach finger though :-)

Not funny, I just lost left index with a table saw :-(

Hey, no whining. OK, I know it sucks ass at first, but fifteen-twenty years
from now you'll wonder why you ever thought you needed it. And don't forget
that now you have an awesome nose-picking gag to freak out little kids
everywhere...personally I get the best squicks with the finger-in-the-eye
gag....

srsly though, sympathies and best wishes...welcome to the club....

--
Due to Usenet spam, emailed replies must pass an intelligence test: if
you want me to read your reply, be sure to include this line of text in
Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Al is offline

"olddog" wrote in message
news

"Al" wrote in message

"Red Green" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

[...]

I do too, just shows what a brain fart can do! Guys, please keep this in
mind as you fire yhe saw up!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:

Red Green wrote:
"Al" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used
it as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do
frequently. The principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can
still see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can
and did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

What? No duct tape involved???

I said eyes were ok...duct tape used to reattach finger though :-)
Not funny, I just lost left index with a table saw :-(

Not meant to be maliciously funny and would never wish it on anyone.

I saw a guy mash his fingers in a conveyor giving a safety lecture.

Demos like that are best done with a hot dog.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it as

an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less

elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently.

The
principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can

still
see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and did kick

out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

I guess I'll go see woodguy.com. I'll be using this circle cutting
method soon.

I cu wo 1 " ci cles es erda wi is e od a d i 's di ic l o pe.

(typing without index fingers)

But seriously I did use this method yesterday and the video saved me some
time figuring out a jig. I already had a sliding miter jig so all I needed
to do was add a 1/4" machine screw and drill a hole in each piece to be cut.
They needed a hole anyway. These were 16 1/4" circles and I would not use
this method for anything much smaller than that. At least not without
making/installing some guards.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ulysses" wrote in
:

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
From a previous post in this NG:

[...]

t t 6 r y t y th th m t n t
I cu wo 1 " ci cles es erda wi is e od a d i 's di ic l o
pe.

(typing without index fingers)

But seriously I did use this method yesterday and the video saved me
some time figuring out a jig. I already had a sliding miter jig so
all I needed to do was add a 1/4" machine screw and drill a hole in
each piece to be cut. They needed a hole anyway. These were 16 1/4"
circles and I would not use this method for anything much smaller than
that. At least not without making/installing some guards.

and I would not use
this method for anything much smaller than that.

o ave o balls.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Red Green" wrote in message
"Ulysses" wrote in
:

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Red Green wrote:
From a previous post in this NG:

[...]

Yea, well I still have my fingers ;-)

I know. Real Men are deaf, blind in one eye, and have no more than seven
fingers.