Posted to alt.home.repair
olddog[_2_] olddog[_2_] is offline

Default Cut a Circle on a Table Saw - Revisited

"Al" wrote in message

"Red Green" wrote in message
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
From a previous post in this NG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxbzrf4z_cg

I had a need to cut four 16" circles out of plywood today and used it
as an
opportunity to try this on a table saw. Worked slick. Made a less
elaborate
base for the pivot point as it's not something I would do frequently.
The principle is what I wanted to explore.

Be sure to wear safety glasses if you try it. Obviously since I can
still see to type this I wore mine :-) Lot's of small pieces can and
did kick out
from the outside of the blade and table top

What's that? Something on the Internet that's true?!!!

What? No duct tape involved???

I said eyes were ok...duct tape used to reattach finger though :-)

Not funny, I just lost left index with a table saw :-(

Man....sorry to hear that.

I had a 8th grade shop teacher that had cut off fingers on both hands. I
take power tool safety VERY seriously. He was a good teacher.

od