Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Rough" tile and baseboard

My wife and I both like the look of "rough" tile i.e. not ceramic,
more natural looking tile. I am curious whether or not it is a good
choice for us. We are installing a drop in tub. The tub will be
sitting on this tile surface. I assume we will be able to cock the
gaps to make it "mate" up nice. However, what do you do with
baseboards? It seems to me that there will be gaps between the bottom
of the baseboard and the tile.

Thank you,
Chris
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 2, 7:50*am, wrote:
My wife and I both like the look of "rough" tile i.e. not ceramic,
more natural looking tile. *I am curious whether or not it is a good
choice for us. *We are installing a drop in tub. *The tub will be
sitting on this tile surface. *I assume we will be able to cock the
gaps to make it "mate" up nice. *However, what do you do with
baseboards? *It seems to me that there will be gaps between the bottom
of the baseboard and the tile.

Thank you,
Chris

Do you ever sit on the edge of the tub? I sure wouldn't want to sit
on a rough surface. Lots of grout needed for the basebaord
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't mean to be rude but if you don't know the difference between
"cock" and the proper word "caulk" you need to leave this job to a
professional.

If you want baseboard instead of a bullnose tile as someone
recommended as an alternative that's your preference. The way to get
baseboard to fit tightly along and entire uneven surface is to scribe
it and cut along the line. If you don't know how to do that you need
to leave that job to a professional.

G.S.