Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default "Rough" tile and baseboard

wrote:
My wife and I both like the look of "rough" tile i.e. not ceramic,
more natural looking tile. I am curious whether or not it is a good
choice for us. We are installing a drop in tub. The tub will be
sitting on this tile surface. I assume we will be able to cock the
gaps to make it "mate" up nice. However, what do you do with
baseboards? It seems to me that there will be gaps between the bottom
of the baseboard and the tile.

Thank you,
Chris

Are you building? Remodeling? If remodeling, what is in the room that
you plant to keep? More natural tile....unglazed? I would recommend
stopping at a good tile store to see what is available, compare
characteristics. By "not ceramic", do you mean "not shiny"? Plastic?
Terra cotta? Better idea of what you want would help.