Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default "Rough" tile and baseboard

hr(bob) wrote:
On May 2, 7:50 am, wrote:
My wife and I both like the look of "rough" tile i.e. not ceramic,
more natural looking tile. I am curious whether or not it is a good
choice for us. We are installing a drop in tub. The tub will be
sitting on this tile surface. I assume we will be able to cock the
gaps to make it "mate" up nice. However, what do you do with
baseboards? It seems to me that there will be gaps between the bottom
of the baseboard and the tile.

Thank you,
Chris

Do you ever sit on the edge of the tub? I sure wouldn't want to sit
on a rough surface. Lots of grout needed for the basebaord

You don't use baseboard. You get bullnose tile in the same color and
finish, and go a few inches up the wall with that. Just another grout
joint. Not much point in having a tile floor in the bath if you can't
wet-mop in there. If there is no bullnose in that color, you use cut
half-tiles, and top them with a band of suitable hardwood with a
waterproof finish.

--
aem sends...