Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Another fine product from China

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast complained on
Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
complex at Tradition are eye-catching. But some of the residents in those
buildings said they're worried about what could be hiding inside their
walls.

"It smells like sulfuric (acid) with ammonia," said tenant Marie Martin.

"It's like a musty kind of (odor)," tenant Christy Exizian said.

It's not just the smell causing concern.

Martin and her family moved out of another unit at the complex because they
said something was affecting their health.

"When we were in that unit, we had bloody noses, coughs, red eye itching, we
couldn't breathe," Martin said. "It was like an upper-respiratory
infection."

Exizian just moved in this week and has a 10-year-old daughter with asthma

"Ours has allergies and asthma and just called me sick from school today,
and now I'm getting worried," she said.

Howard Ehrsam is a Chinese drywall screener. He said the drywall could be
the cause of the residents' problems.

"The gases will react with copper and blacken the wires," he said. "It will
even de-laminate mirrors and corrode faucets, anything that's metal to the
corrosion effects."

The complex is looking into the complaints.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 5, 6:54*pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast complained on
Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
[...]

Its Amazing, that money can be made after shipping costs, across the
ocean on Drywall. Drywall, Chinese Poisoned Drywall probably made with
toxic land fill, should be dumped in Chinas harbors to feed their
local fish to **** their people good. Chinese poisoned melamine in pet
food, milk powder,baby food, anything with milk powder, and glycols in
tooth paste, affects all of us and have killed maybe thousands and
sickened near 200,000. Now lets see justice of the guilty, and the "
easy Chinese Gov response" , hang em ALL as they killed my dog from
Melamine. What poisons are we importing now? CHINESE Poisons , Google
it, near 300 reported cases of crap poison come in every year and
customs cant track ****! ; [Drug war ??] ****in Chinese cheap ****.
Buy USA Bomb china
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
On Mar 5, 6:54 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast
complained on Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their
homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
[...]

Notice the article said the drywall "could be the cause" of the problems.

The cause could also be a meth lab two doors down operating without a fume
hood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Mar 5, 6:54 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast
complained on Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their
homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
[...]

Hmmm,
Made from horse dung, no wonder. I thought U.S. has lax
financial/banking regs. But building industry has same problem?
Up here in Canada not a bank failed as of now. No foreclosures on
houses. What's going on? Chinese even makes fake eggs(a known fact).
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

The cause could also be a meth lab two doors down operating without a fume
hood.

I don't think so. Florida has strict laws requiring fume hoods for meth
labs.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 5, 8:55*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
ransley wrote:
On Mar 5, 6:54 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast
complained on Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their
homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
[...]

hood.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe Chinese Meth impregnated drywall, get you higher.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ya'll have a 2 very powerful weapon to counter "cheap ****" from
anywhere... things WILL change, IF you use it.

How and where you spend your money.

How and where you spend your momey.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rick Samuel wrote:
Ya'll have a 2 very powerful weapon to counter "cheap ****" from
anywhere... things WILL change, IF you use it.

How and where you spend your money.

How and where you spend your momey.

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and complains
about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has themselves to
blame.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default THIS JUST IN

George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

From my experience, Walmart is interested in offering safe products.
I've written several material safety data sheets for manufacturers that
wanted to sell through Walmart and Walmart would not do without an MSDS
even though not required for consumer products.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

From my experience, Walmart is interested in offering safe products.
I've written several material safety data sheets for manufacturers that
wanted to sell through Walmart and Walmart would not do without an MSDS
even though not required for consumer products.

Walmart sells to lots and lots of small businesses. Federal law
requires employers keep msds on site for chemicals used by employees.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

From my experience, Walmart is interested in offering safe products.
I've written several material safety data sheets for manufacturers that
wanted to sell through Walmart and Walmart would not do without an MSDS
even though not required for consumer products.

Might I suggest thats just megacorp CYA with no real interest if it is
safe or not?
Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

Exactly, its the walmart syndrome. People want cheap-cheap-cheap and
then for some odd reason complain there are fewer good jobs after
walmart forced the bar to be lower, their pets die from melamine
flavored dog food and their drywall stinks. Then they even think
electing a semi-savior is the answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
George wrote:

Might I suggest thats just megacorp CYA with no real interest if it is
safe or not?

MSDS have no impact on safety, aren't meant to. They just outline the
known hazards if any and what the maker suggests one does about them.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:33:27 -0600, "HeyBub"

Notice the article said the drywall "could be the cause" of the
problems.

The cause could also be a meth lab two doors down operating without
a fume hood.

Ground Zero for this mess is right down the road from me. Lennar Homes
used a bunch of this stuff in Cape Coral and they were the first
community to actually have the problem investigated. It turns out the
chinks were using fly ash from dirty coal (high sulfur) power plants.
The drywall is definitely the cause.

The problem could be the fault of the contractors for not sealing the
drywall properly on all six sides before installation.

ANd this is done with ANY drywall, by ANY contractor in North
America???

NOOOOO!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:30:48 -0500, George
wrote:

Rick Samuel wrote:
Ya'll have a 2 very powerful weapon to counter "cheap ****" from
anywhere... things WILL change, IF you use it.

How and where you spend your money.

How and where you spend your momey.

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and complains
about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has themselves to
blame.

Like my Grandad used to say:
" You want first quality oats, ya gatta be willing to pay first
quality price. If'n yer willin to settle for oats that's already been
through the horse, well, they do come a bit cheaper"
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Rick Samuel wrote:
Ya'll have a 2 very powerful weapon to counter "cheap ****" from
anywhere... things WILL change, IF you use it.

How and where you spend your money.

How and where you spend your momey.

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and complains
about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has themselves to
blame.

Like my Grandad used to say:
" You want first quality oats, ya gatta be willing to pay first
quality price. If'n yer willin to settle for oats that's already been
through the horse, well, they do come a bit cheaper"

Reminded me of this tid bit

Morris, a city boy moved to the country and bought a donkey from an
old farmer for $100. The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next
day. The next day, the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, but I have
some bad news. The donkey died."

"Well, then, just give me my money back."

"Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

"OK, then. Just unload the donkey."

"What ya gonna do with him?"

"I'm going to raffle him off."

"You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"

"Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."

A month later the farmer met up with the city boy and asked, "Whatever
happened with that dead donkey ?"

"I raffled him off. I sold 500 hundred tickets at two dollars apiece
and made a profit of $998."

"Didn't anyone complain?"

"Just the guy who won."

"What did you do?"

"I gave him his two dollars back."
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 16:54:11 -0800, "DGDevin"
wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast complained on
Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
[...]

There is a solution......

BOMB CHINA !!!!!!

Hi,
China? That is same as bombing your own back yard. Look around your
house and eliminate anything from China. Is there anything left?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Frank wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

From my experience, Walmart is interested in offering safe products.
I've written several material safety data sheets for manufacturers
that wanted to sell through Walmart and Walmart would not do without
an MSDS even though not required for consumer products.

Walmart sells to lots and lots of small businesses. Federal law
requires employers keep msds on site for chemicals used by employees.

It doesn't even have to fall into a "chemical" category. The 'right to
know' program includes ANY product, liquid or otherwise. When we
implemented the program at a Ford dealership, they even had to get
MSDS's for things like white out, and canned air. ANY employer MUST (by
federal law) have these sheets organized in a notebook that is readily
available to any employee who wishes to look something he/she is exposed
to up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:24:14 -0600, Steve Barker
wrote:

It doesn't even have to fall into a "chemical" category. The 'right to
know' program includes ANY product, liquid or otherwise. When we
implemented the program at a Ford dealership, they even had to get
MSDS's for things like white out, and canned air. ANY employer MUST (by
federal law) have these sheets organized in a notebook that is readily
available to any employee who wishes to look something he/she is exposed
to up.

Federal prisons provide MSDS sheets, even for prisoners cleaning
toilets. It's up to them to read, understand the policy.

It is part of the Safety Training classes, for that week or day!

If not understood, the Safety Manager has a record.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

hey even had to get MSDS's for things like white out,

The person that owned White Out served a prison term! His Mom was
another story.

Federal time was not related too the invention. The kid served time
for other reasons.

White Out became water based in our government, and prisoners could
not sniff it or want to steal from a desk.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
hey even had to get �MSDS's for things like white out,

The person that owned White Out served a prison term! His Mom was
another story.

Federal time was not related too the invention. The kid served time
for other reasons.

White Out became water based in our government, and prisoners could
not sniff it or want to steal from a desk.

have you seen the MSDS for WATER? plain old H2O is highly
dangerous......

we cant ndo anything about crappy chinese products they own our
country since they own so much of our debt.

one day they will move in and take over its just a matter of time
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:58:09 -0700, Tony Hwang

wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast complained on
Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
[...]

Would be pretty quick if there was no china???
Posted to alt.home.repair

"George" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

Exactly, its the walmart syndrome. People want cheap-cheap-cheap and then
for some odd reason complain there are fewer good jobs after walmart
forced the bar to be lower, their pets die from melamine flavored dog food
and their drywall stinks. Then they even think electing a semi-savior is
the answer.

A fine example of Walmart Derangement Syndrome...I bet he drives a Jap car
and has the same Chinese made stuff that he bought "locally" and paid more
money for...But he gets that warm , fuzzy feeling so it might be worth the
extra money...LOL...Walmart doesn't sell drywall and the pet food wasn't
just at Walmart..Not that you probably care , suffering with WDS as you
do....

Posted to alt.home.repair

benick wrote:

"George" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

[...]

I do love those pro Wal Mart commercials. "After the factories in my
town moved to Mexico and China", to take advantage of lower wages
because Wal Mart told these companies that they wouldn't sell their
products unless the prices were dirt cheap, "we were devastated. Then
Wal Mart came to town. We are so excited that we have jobs now.", They
pay $8.00/ hour with no benefits as opposed to the factory jobs that
paid $12.00/ hr with health ins, vacation and a pension (we don't need
no stinking pensions. We have 401k's and social security, No need to be
a burden on our betters.). "We may be able to survive another 8 to 10
years selling each other unsafe Chinese merchandise, insurance (for
those who can afford it), hamburgers and mowing each other's lawns. What
we will do after that we don't know but thank God for Wal Mart. It may
eventually devastate the US economy," Note the current conditions, "but
at least we get items cheaply. Ya Hoo!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"netnews" wrote in message
benick wrote:

"George" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

[...]

Walmart provides health insurance through Bluecross Blueshield of Ill to
employees there over 1 year ,both part time and full time...Part time ,
employee and kids about 30 bucks a month... Full time employee , spouse and
kids about 70 bucks a month. It includes perscriptions eye and dental..1000
dollar deductable , 500 dollar healthcare credit BEFORE deductable and 5000
dollar MAXIMUM out of pocket expenses... Part time to full time as positions
open with good reviews...They also have quarterly bonuses based on store
profits , 401K , stock purchase plan , sick days , personal days , paid
holidays , paid vacations after 5 years, 10 % discount on store purchases ,
free membership to Sam's Club (cheap gas) , Life and disability insurance ,
1 dollar an hour extra for Sunday work..Typical employee with good reviews
after 2 years 10-12 bucks an hour...NO UNION DUES...You really shouldn't
believe the leftist union propaganda that you read and talk to someone who
works there...You wouldn't make such an ass of youself...The rest of your
dribble is just bull****...My wife works at Walmart for the health insurance
because I'm self emloyed and don't have it..The cheap gas for my work truck
and 10% off is nice too....Saves us about 10 grand a year or more counting
the health insurance...Not to mention the extra 1400 a month spending
money...Ya Hoo....Assclown....