Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Another fine product from China

ransley wrote:
On Mar 5, 6:54 pm, "DGDevin" wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29538284/

Chinese Drywall Could Be Cause Of Illnesses
Port St. Lucie Residents Complain Of Strange Odor

WPBF-TV
updated 3 minutes ago
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Some families on the Treasure Coast
complained on Thursday about potentially dangerous drywall in their
homes.

From afar, the well-manicured palm trees in the Promenade condominium
complex at Tradition are eye-catching. But some of the residents in
those buildings said they're worried about what could be hiding
inside their walls.

"It smells like sulfuric (acid) with ammonia," said tenant Marie
Martin.

"It's like a musty kind of (odor)," tenant Christy Exizian said.

It's not just the smell causing concern.

Martin and her family moved out of another unit at the complex
because they said something was affecting their health.

"When we were in that unit, we had bloody noses, coughs, red eye
itching, we couldn't breathe," Martin said. "It was like an
upper-respiratory infection."

Exizian just moved in this week and has a 10-year-old daughter with
asthma

"Ours has allergies and asthma and just called me sick from school
today, and now I'm getting worried," she said.

Howard Ehrsam is a Chinese drywall screener. He said the drywall
could be the cause of the residents' problems.

"The gases will react with copper and blacken the wires," he said.
"It will even de-laminate mirrors and corrode faucets, anything
that's metal to the corrosion effects."

The complex is looking into the complaints.

Its Amazing, that money can be made after shipping costs, across the
ocean on Drywall. Drywall, Chinese Poisoned Drywall probably made with
toxic land fill, should be dumped in Chinas harbors to feed their
local fish to **** their people good. Chinese poisoned melamine in pet
food, milk powder,baby food, anything with milk powder, and glycols in
tooth paste, affects all of us and have killed maybe thousands and
sickened near 200,000. Now lets see justice of the guilty, and the "
easy Chinese Gov response" , hang em ALL as they killed my dog from
Melamine. What poisons are we importing now? CHINESE Poisons , Google
it, near 300 reported cases of crap poison come in every year and
customs cant track ****! ; [Drug war ??] ****in Chinese cheap ****.
Buy USA Bomb china

Notice the article said the drywall "could be the cause" of the problems.

The cause could also be a meth lab two doors down operating without a fume
hood.