Posted to alt.home.repair
netnews netnews is offline

Default THIS JUST IN

benick wrote:

"George" wrote in message
HeyBub wrote:
George wrote:

Exactly, consumers gave walmart and friends the the green light that
price is all that matters. Anyone who shops on price only and
complains about low quality/adulterated/harmful products only has
themselves to blame.

"Walmart up, Macy's, other retailers see sales drop in Feb."

J.C. Penney : -8.6%
Target : -4.1%
Saks : -26%

Walmart : +5.1%

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/...2/daily64.html

Exactly, its the walmart syndrome. People want cheap-cheap-cheap and
then for some odd reason complain there are fewer good jobs after
walmart forced the bar to be lower, their pets die from melamine
flavored dog food and their drywall stinks. Then they even think
electing a semi-savior is the answer.

A fine example of Walmart Derangement Syndrome...I bet he drives a Jap
car and has the same Chinese made stuff that he bought "locally" and
paid more money for...But he gets that warm , fuzzy feeling so it might
be worth the extra money...LOL...Walmart doesn't sell drywall and the
pet food wasn't just at Walmart..Not that you probably care , suffering
with WDS as you do....

I do love those pro Wal Mart commercials. "After the factories in my
town moved to Mexico and China", to take advantage of lower wages
because Wal Mart told these companies that they wouldn't sell their
products unless the prices were dirt cheap, "we were devastated. Then
Wal Mart came to town. We are so excited that we have jobs now.", They
pay $8.00/ hour with no benefits as opposed to the factory jobs that
paid $12.00/ hr with health ins, vacation and a pension (we don't need
no stinking pensions. We have 401k's and social security, No need to be
a burden on our betters.). "We may be able to survive another 8 to 10
years selling each other unsafe Chinese merchandise, insurance (for
those who can afford it), hamburgers and mowing each other's lawns. What
we will do after that we don't know but thank God for Wal Mart. It may
eventually devastate the US economy," Note the current conditions, "but
at least we get items cheaply. Ya Hoo!"