Posted to alt.home.repair

Default remote control question

I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

"rogv" wrote in message
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks

Any new universal remote will have a list of TV's and their respective
remote codes. Most will have a feature to automatically detect it as well

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:39:40 -0800 (PST), rogv
wrote:

I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

That's what makes them universal, but otoh, special keys on the
original remote may not be duplicated on universals. If this ever or
often affects the Menu command, I don't know.

I do have a tv, different brand but I forget which, which came without
a remote, and the yard sale. Eventually I was using 2 or even 3
remotes depending on which function I wanted to control . After that,
I found one remote by the maker of the tv that controlled everything,
except for Menu. This may have nothing to do with your situation,
but it's somewhat similar.

thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

That's what makes them universal, but otoh, special keys on the
original remote may not be duplicated on universals. If this ever or
often affects the Menu command, I don't know.

I do have a tv, different brand but I forget which, which came without
a remote, and the yard sale. Eventually I was using 2 or even 3
remotes depending on which function I wanted to control . After that,
I found one remote by the maker of the tv that controlled everything,
except for Menu. This may have nothing to do with your situation,
but it's somewhat similar.

thanks

I have an older Mitsubishi too, and the universal doesn't do some of the
functions, such as picture in picture and menu.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

rogv wrote:
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks

Try WWW.RemoteCentral.com as they have an extensive library of remote codes,
manuals and people on the forums who may be able to help you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rogv" wrote in message
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks

Our DVD remote was destroyed when the batteries leaked. I was able to
program our cable box remote auxiliary function to run our DVD. If you have
a cable remote control have you tried to program it?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"rogv" wrote in message
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks

Lots of replies assuming the remote is bad. Maybe. Maybe not. It could be
the TV.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:24:32 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

That's what makes them universal, but otoh, special keys on the
original remote may not be duplicated on universals. If this ever or
often affects the Menu command, I don't know.

I do have a tv, different brand but I forget which, which came without
a remote, and the yard sale. Eventually I was using 2 or even 3
remotes depending on which function I wanted to control . After that,
I found one remote by the maker of the tv that controlled everything,
except for Menu. This may have nothing to do with your situation,

BTW, the remote has a Menu button, but it doesn't do anything.
Fortunately there is a menu button on the tv itself, which works fine,
though I never use it.

but it's somewhat similar.

thanks

I have an older Mitsubishi too, and the universal doesn't do some of the
functions, such as picture in picture and menu.

So what's the consensus? Do all universals have the same set of
commands, or are some brands different from others? If Cheri's
universal doesn't do Menu, does that mean that none will?

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Discovered this myself yesterday when we had a power outage and TV
defaults were set on re-powering and I needed to switch from normal TV
to CATV using a new universal remote. Fortunately the set itself had
the button on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:23:35 -0500, Frank
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

A quick way to test the remote is to view the optic with a digital
camera. You will see the remote flash on the camera if remote is OK.
For your information should you wish. Jesse

Posted to alt.home.repair

rogv wrote:
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks

Hi,
First you'll have to decide which part is bad. remote hand held or the
sensor on the TV set. If hand held part is bad, you'll have to find a
universal one which already has your TV set on the compatibility list.
You can't make any universal remote to learn yours 'cause it is dead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 18:06:52 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

My Harmony one from Logitech does everything. Wife is very happy since I
gave it to her. We have an elaborate home theater system. Switching
in/out, back and forth different components all the time including
computer hook up for video streaming, etc., etc.

Tony,

Care to share the model you have?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My Harmony one from Logitech does everything. Wife is very happy since I
gave it to her. We have an elaborate home theater system. Switching
in/out, back and forth different components all the time including
computer hook up for video streaming, etc., etc.

Tony,

Care to share the model you have?

Hi,
It is little older 880. There is newer one out but migrating is easy
just do it on-line telling about newer model. You can customize it any
way you want designating buttons for your liking. Only thing extra thing
we have on the table is wireless mouse to control laptop hooked upto the
system while watching video streaming. Also it can learn too. Had an old
One for all multi display paenl remote. Macro programming was way time
consuming but I made it work too for our needs.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
rogv wrote:
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks

Hi,
First you'll have to decide which part is bad. remote hand held or the
sensor on the TV set. If hand held part is bad, you'll have to find a
universal one which already has your TV set on the compatibility list.
You can't make any universal remote to learn yours 'cause it is dead.

Hi,
Also I know there is a place you can buy a specific remote(guranteeed to
work) on-line. I once found a high end Denon micro audio system original
remote from them. Price was not bad. They were either in Oregon or
Washington.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
rogv wrote:
[...]

if you come across the name of that place please post, I am still trying
to find a working remote for my Sony big screen

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My Harmony one from Logitech does everything. Wife is very happy since I
gave it to her. We have an elaborate home theater system. Switching
in/out, back and forth different components all the time including
computer hook up for video streaming, etc., etc.

Tony,

Care to share the model you have?

Hi,
It is little older 880. There is newer one out but migrating is easy
just do it on-line telling about newer model. You can customize it any
way you want designating buttons for your liking. Only thing extra thing
we have on the table is wireless mouse to control laptop hooked upto the
system while watching video streaming. Also it can learn too. Had an old
One for all multi display paenl remote. Macro programming was way time
consuming but I made it work too for our needs.

Thanks. I've heard good things about the Harmony. One pro stated they
can Macro their own programming and use older devices that may not be
on the list. I never checked on that aspect of the unit.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
rogv wrote:
[...]

Try ,
www.remotes.com.
www.mrremotes.com
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
rogv wrote:
[...]

*sigh*

no longer available... figures. was worth a shot though, thanks.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
rogv wrote:
[...]

www.mrremotes.com This place repair them. Pay only when repaired;.

remote control question rogv Electronics Repair 12 March 13th 09 04:24 PM
Remote control question SBFan2000 Electronics 33 December 8th 06 10:33 PM
TV Remote Control Steve IA Home Repair 17 January 28th 05 10:59 PM
remote control gaz UK diy 3 December 24th 03 08:54 PM
TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X Steve Electronics Repair 4 November 1st 03 02:27 PM