Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default remote control question

Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
rogv wrote:
I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

thanks
Hi,
First you'll have to decide which part is bad. remote hand held or
the sensor on the TV set. If hand held part is bad, you'll have to
find a universal one which already has your TV set on the
compatibility list. You can't make any universal remote to learn
yours 'cause it is dead.
Hi,
Also I know there is a place you can buy a specific
remote(guranteeed to work) on-line. I once found a high end Denon
micro audio system original remote from them. Price was not bad.
They were either in Oregon or Washington.

if you come across the name of that place please post, I am still
trying to find a working remote for my Sony big screen

nate

Hi,
www.remotes.com

*sigh*

no longer available... figures. was worth a shot though, thanks.

nate

Hi,
www.mrremotes.com This place repair them. Pay only when repaired;.