Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default remote control question

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:24:32 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"mm" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:39:40 -0800 (PST), rogv
wrote:

I have an old Mitsubishi Tv and the remote control does not work.
The only way to add cable TV stations is through the menu of the
remote control.
Can I use any universal remote control to add the stations or it has
to be a Mitsubishi remote?

That's what makes them universal, but otoh, special keys on the
original remote may not be duplicated on universals. If this ever or
often affects the Menu command, I don't know.

I do have a tv, different brand but I forget which, which came without
a remote, and the yard sale. Eventually I was using 2 or even 3
remotes depending on which function I wanted to control . After that,
I found one remote by the maker of the tv that controlled everything,
except for Menu. This may have nothing to do with your situation,

BTW, the remote has a Menu button, but it doesn't do anything.
Fortunately there is a menu button on the tv itself, which works fine,
though I never use it.

but it's somewhat similar.

thanks

I have an older Mitsubishi too, and the universal doesn't do some of the
functions, such as picture in picture and menu.

So what's the consensus? Do all universals have the same set of
commands, or are some brands different from others? If Cheri's
universal doesn't do Menu, does that mean that none will?

Cheri