Posted to alt.home.repair
Cat Cat is offline

Default help with washer.

Need mucho helpo please.

this is in to a fairly new Whirlpool LHW0050P front loader
washer.

I purchased a used washing machine. When I inspected it, it was
working fine. When I purchased it later, it had been in storage
during Jan, when we had single digit temps.

I ran the first load.
It filled with water, it agitated, and when it went to drain, it
drained all over my floor.

A litte investigation revealed a drain pipe, that was like thick
white
plumbers pipe had cracked. My theory that the unit was not completely
drained before storage, it froze and expanded and cracked.

My husband and I removed the piece, and repaired it, and placed it
back together, and wonderful, no more leaks. It runs great -- with
the
exception it doesnt spin or agitate. it fills with water, it sets,
and
it drains.

I figure something got knocked over, unplugged or something in the
lifting and pushing and pulling to to get this one peice repaired.
however, i cant find anything wrong. everything is clean and looks
connected. the belt is tight and intact. the motor simply isnt
moving.

After much research I can see these are pieces of poop, however, I
have forked out seventy five dollars. Ill never get my money back,
and
im on a budget and cant very well go buy a new one.

I need to make ths work if possible.

There is a diagnositic test on here, if i place it in a certain mode,
and hold a certain button... i haverun the diagnositic test and of
course, it didnt spin or agigate, so it failed those tests, but at
one
particular test, the led light landed on wash. i think that means
something...the diagnostic manual i have explains how to d the test,
what to check after the test, but it doesnt tell you what the code
will or will not say, other than when you are done, one light will
deactivate.

So please, i welcome every ones suggestion or response.
thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Feb 25, 11:14*am, Cat wrote:
[...]

Check repairclinic.com. Hopefully the experts there can help with
diagnostics and parts. Good luck.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 25, 10:14*am, Cat wrote:

My husband and I removed the piece, and repaired it, and placed it
back together, and wonderful, no more leaks. It runs great -- with
the
exception it doesnt spin or agitate. it fills with water, it sets,
and
it drains.

I figure something got knocked over, unplugged or something in the
lifting and pushing and pulling to to get this one peice repaired.
however, i cant find anything wrong. everything is clean and looks
connected. the belt is tight and intact. *the motor simply isnt
moving.

On a top-loader, those symptoms might indicate a problem with the
safety interlock lid switch. But, I don't know if front-loaders have
something similar or not.

Jerry
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cat wrote:
[...]

It might be something as simple as the "door closed" swich not operating
properly, though I don't know if that would prevent the main motor from
running but still let the fill valves and drain pump motor work.

Good Luck,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Cat wrote:
[...]

UMmmmmmm... Call the whirlpool repair guy???

Posted to alt.home.repair
Cat Cat is offline

On Feb 26, 6:44*am, Bubba wrote:
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:14:30 -0800 (PST), Cat
wrote:

[...]

C'mon. $75. You got what you paid for. Nothing more. Nothing less. Now
you get to spend days, weeks maybe more and start dumping dollars into
something used. Not a lot of fun but that's what you choose. Start
researching and start replacing parts.
Have fun.
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

Yes thank you Bubba, I realize that, But when I purchased it, it was
in good working order, and when it went it storage, it was damaged
and then I must have damaged it trying to repair it. All part of
life, and these things happen. Im not complaining. However, I dont
have the means or resources to run out and buy a brand new one, and Im
trying to salvage what I have. Nor do I have $300 to pay a
technician. I have been researching this, and this is the reason I
made a post. Now mind you, I have minimal techinical experience and I
was hoping, that reaching out on a group, someone else may have the
knowledge to share, or maybe a similiar experience and it might just
be a very simple fix. Thank you so much for taking the time to
comment but next time, perhaps your can keep be a little more
constructive than destructive. What ever happen to the good old
days when you could reach out to a neighbor and we tried to fix the
things rather than run out and buy everything brand new??
Posted to alt.home.repair
Cat Cat is offline

Thanks to everyone who took the time to leave a note or an idea on
where to go next. I will continue to research!! and follow up on your
leads! xoxo, cat

LG washer houseman Home Ownership 1 August 25th 06 06:47 AM
New washer The Dave© Home Repair 24 February 28th 05 04:10 AM
stacked washer dryer, dryer works, washer does not [email protected] Home Repair 4 February 14th 05 09:53 PM
Help with washer Loewi Lin Home Repair 0 January 16th 05 01:27 PM
Washer Help FormbyMax UK diy 2 August 15th 03 10:04 PM