FormbyMax

Default Washer Help

Hi, wonder if anyone can help with this one

I have a Hotpoint washer (WD71). The fuse went on it (in the plug at any
rate). When I changed it the washer came back on and carried on from where
it left off (or so it appeared).

Now, however, when th eprogram finished, the machine doesn't unlock the
door any more. Even if i put a drying program on, then door doesn't unlock
afterwards.

So, I have a washer that I can't get the stuff out of. Any ideas

Many thanks in advance,

Max
FormbyMax

Bob Minchin wrote in
:

FormbyMax wrote:

Hi, wonder if anyone can help with this one

I have a Hotpoint washer (WD71). The fuse went on it (in the plug at
any rate). When I changed it the washer came back on and carried on
from where it left off (or so it appeared).

Now, however, when th eprogram finished, the machine doesn't unlock
the door any more. Even if i put a drying program on, then door
doesn't unlock afterwards.

So, I have a washer that I can't get the stuff out of. Any ideas

Many thanks in advance,

Max

You should be able to take the top off by removing a few screws along
the rear top edge.

With the machine unplugged !!!! reach in and operate the door lock
from the inside. Some have an adjustable threaded rod which may be
your problem. However given the fuse blowing it is possible that the
electric door lock (prevents the door opening mid cycle) has developed
a fault and in the permanently locked state. You may need a new one.

I think it is Hotpoint Interlock - HPT1602390 £9.99 from
http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Ezee_FixS...point_879.html

Hope this helps

Bob

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I'll give it a go tomorrow. We go
on Holiday on Monday! So i could do with getting the clothes out of it!

Thanks again,

Max
Shrek

I have a Hotpoint washer (WD71). The fuse went on it (in the plug at
any rate). When I changed it the washer came back on and carried on
from where it left off (or so it appeared).

With the machine unplugged !!!! reach in and operate the door lock
from the inside. Some have an adjustable threaded rod which may be
your problem. However given the fuse blowing it is possible that the
electric door lock (prevents the door opening mid cycle) has developed
a fault and in the permanently locked state. You may need a new one.

I think it is Hotpoint Interlock - HPT1602390 £9.99 from
http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Ezee_FixS...point_879.html

Yours is the middle interlock, which will not open by simply lifting the
lock as it would on the first two. First of all, wait overnight and see if
the door lock releases, sometimes it will, otherwise you will need to force
the lock open from the top to avoid breaking the pecker onthe door.

--
Ian Tilley
Ex-Kirklees Domestic Engineers