Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Staining and concrete bid

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal about
1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you
live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now
they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend,
and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:52:19 -0700, "SteveB" wrote:

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal about
1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you
live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now
they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend,
and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

Steve,
I had my driveway replaced last summer. It ran $390 per yard for a 77 yard job.
That included removing and disposing the old driveway (concrete and blacktop),
forming, pouring stamping, dying, and sealing. The job took almost six weeks
because of rain and mud. It was also down a long (over 150') hill.

This worked out to about $7.00 a sq.ft.
__________________
Bill Waller
New Eagle, PA

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal about
1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you
live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now
they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend,
and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

In Las Vegas $5 - 6 per sf ( going is $7 - 9 per sf ?). Folks need
construction jobs around here right now and the smart guys are not
being selfish.

...and he has a license...
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal about
1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you
live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now
they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend,
and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

In Las Vegas $5 - 6 per sf ( going is $7 - 9 per sf ?). Folks need
construction jobs around here right now and the smart guys are not
being selfish.

..and he has a license...

Hmm. I have been wanting to get part of my driveway redone ever since
moving in. Maybe I should get some bids. (it's asphalt currently, and
where a big tree used to be some roots heaved it all up. This is right
in front of the garage, so I'd like to have it done in concrete to make
it more jackstand-friendly.)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal about
1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you
live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now
they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend,
and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

In Las Vegas $5 - 6 per sf ( going is $7 - 9 per sf ?). Folks need
construction jobs around here right now and the smart guys are not
being selfish.

Same around here...If things don't turn around soon you'll see contractors
of all stripes including myself standing in the parking lot of the Homedepot
with signs that say...Will work for food...LOL...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"benick" wrote in message
. ..

wrote:

I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal
about
1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for where you
live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for double, but now
they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a family friend,
and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

In Las Vegas $5 - 6 per sf ( going is $7 - 9 per sf ?). Folks need
construction jobs around here right now and the smart guys are not
being selfish.

Same around here...If things don't turn around soon you'll see contractors
of all stripes including myself standing in the parking lot of the
Homedepot with signs that say...Will work for food...LOL...

I hope it don't get too bad in Vegas. I still got two houses there I want
to dump.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 19:21:08 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

In Las Vegas $5 - 6 per sf ( going is $7 - 9 per sf ?). Folks need
construction jobs around here right now and the smart guys are not
being selfish.

Same around here...If things don't turn around soon you'll see contractors
of all stripes including myself standing in the parking lot of the
Homedepot with signs that say...Will work for food...LOL...

I hope it don't get too bad in Vegas. I still got two houses there I want
to dump.

The bubble broke years ago. Vegas still has a breaking point. Lucky
for me I bought down when I had cash. The housing storm was fun, but I
still have a manageable mortgage. Don't plan to dump any time soon.