Posted to alt.home.repair
dereksibo

Default Staining aggregate concrete

I have a patio that is about 10 years old that is made of aggregate
concrete. I would like to stain it a different color than the gray it
is now to make it pop a little more. I was just at Home Depot and I
see they carry the Behr Semi-transparent concrete stain as well as the
solid concrete stain. Has anyone used either of these products before
on aggregate concrete? The patio has rough surface and I've been
reading elsewhere that stains may not on this type of surface because
it doesn't bond to the non-concrete areas.

If it does work, should I go with the semi-transparent or the solid?
Should I use the Behr cleaner or can I just powerwash the patio?
Should I use the Behr primer?

Thanks for any advice!