FH

Default acid staining concrete floor

could someone direct me as to how to go about finding someone who does this?
what would i look up in the Yellow Page's?

thank you

SQLit

"FH" wrote in message

could someone direct me as to how to go about finding someone who does

this?
what would i look up in the Yellow Page's?

thank you

Never heard of what your doing. Acids tend to eat concrete, let alone the
potential hazardous fumes that can be produced.

DanG

Concrete contractors- look, especially for decorative concrete.
This site has more information:
www.thestampstore.com
or
www.decorative-concrete.net

though they may not help you find a local contractor. Acid
staining is one of the few decorative finishes that I would
consider within the abilities of a competent DIY. There is good
information and how to on Doug Bannister's site.

(top posted for your convenience)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"FH" wrote in message

could someone direct me as to how to go about finding someone
who does this? what would i look up in the Yellow Page's?

thank you

PipeDown

There is a growing group of websites that hook contractors up with
homeowners in their area (or vice versa). Try googling "find a contractor"
for a bunch of them.

The acid in the stain is not very strong but usually it is advisable to acid
etch the concrete before staining to ensure a good clean surface with
consistant qualities. I did it myself but I did do a considerable amount of
pressure washing, 2 gallons of muriatic acid and used a garden sprayer (like
that used to spray pesticide) to apply the stain. Not hard but prep work is
key to good results unless you use an opeque stain then the results look a
lot like paint.

"FH" wrote in message

could someone direct me as to how to go about finding someone who does
this? what would i look up in the Yellow Page's?

thank you

Ranieri

ink.net...

"FH" wrote in message

could someone direct me as to how to go about finding someone who does
this? what would i look up in the Yellow Page's?

thank you

Actually, the acid stain reacts with the alkalinity in the concrete to
develop the colors - acid etching prior to staining isn't recommended by any
manufacturers I've used.

Kemiko is a good product and they have a map of professional contractors on
their site. Here's the link:

http://www.kemiko.com/app_dir.htm