Suzie-Q

Default Concrete Floor Questions

I've ripped up all the carpet, padding and tack strips in a room
that has a concrete floor. Now I want to paint the floor somehow.

Should I paint and then seal the concrete? Or should I seal the
concrete before I paint?

Is there some sort of primer that will keep any stains from coming
through? Or is that what the sealer's for?

Do I use floor paint, or should I use concrete paint?

Is there anything else I need to consider?

(Holes will be patched with an appropriate product before any
painting is done.)

Thanks in advance,
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Joseph Meehan

Suzie-Q wrote:
I've ripped up all the carpet, padding and tack strips in a room
that has a concrete floor. Now I want to paint the floor somehow.

Should I paint and then seal the concrete? Or should I seal the
concrete before I paint?

Is there some sort of primer that will keep any stains from coming
through? Or is that what the sealer's for?

Do I use floor paint, or should I use concrete paint?

Is there anything else I need to consider?

(Holes will be patched with an appropriate product before any
painting is done.)

Thanks in advance,

Is this floor above or below grade? Is there any existing or past
moisture problem?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

MC

Depends on if you intend to recover with something again and just want to
seal the concrete or want the painted floor to show. If the latter you could
do a concrete stain a seal or use an epoxy paint. Either will give good
wear. Another is to acid stain and seal, This can give a textured look like
stone if done well.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Suzie-Q wrote:
I've ripped up all the carpet, padding and tack strips in a room
that has a concrete floor. Now I want to paint the floor somehow.

Should I paint and then seal the concrete? Or should I seal the
concrete before I paint?

Is there some sort of primer that will keep any stains from coming
through? Or is that what the sealer's for?

Do I use floor paint, or should I use concrete paint?

Is there anything else I need to consider?

(Holes will be patched with an appropriate product before any
painting is done.)

Thanks in advance,

Is this floor above or below grade? Is there any existing or past
moisture problem?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Suzie-Q

In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

- Suzie-Q wrote:
- I've ripped up all the carpet, padding and tack strips in a room
- that has a concrete floor. Now I want to paint the floor somehow.

- Is this floor above or below grade?

How do I tell?

- Is there any existing or past moisture problem?

No moisture problems.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/
Suzie-Q

In article ,
"MC" wrote:

- Depends on if you intend to recover with something again and just want to
- seal the concrete or want the painted floor to show. If the latter you could
- do a concrete stain a seal or use an epoxy paint. Either will give good
- wear. Another is to acid stain and seal, This can give a textured look like
- stone if done well.

I want the paint to show through. I'll put an area rug in the
center of the room. The paint will show around the edges.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

http://www.suzanne-eckhardt.com/
***Revelation 22:12*** ICQ: 349878998
http://www.intergnat.com/malebashing/

Joseph Meehan

Suzie-Q wrote:
In article ,
"MC" wrote:

- Depends on if you intend to recover with something again and just want
- seal the concrete or want the painted floor to show. If the latter you
could
- do a concrete stain a seal or use an epoxy paint. Either will give good
- wear. Another is to acid stain and seal, This can give a textured look
like
- stone if done well.

I want the paint to show through. I'll put an area rug in the
center of the room. The paint will show around the edges.

I suggest a good real epoxy type garage floor paint. That stuff is
really durable and will not need any kind of sealer or additional layer.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math