Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Staining and concrete bid

SteveB wrote:
I got a bid of $4 per sf to form, pour, finish, stamp, dye, and seal
about 1,000 sf of patio. Concrete included. What does this go for
where you live? The guy said a year ago here, it was going for
double, but now they're just trying to buy groceries it's so slow. He's a
family friend, and I've seen his work, and it's nice.

Steve

I don't know about the whole thing but here in central Florida they are
asking $2.75 /sf to form/pour/finish. I doubt that stamp/dye/seal would add
more than $1.25 so our areas seem similar.

If it were me, I'd ask how many men for how long then figure out the cost of
the concrete to see if he was being reasonable on labor. Sealers can vary
from inexpensive to "are you out of your mind?". BTW, finishing - here, at
least - is dirt cheap...my 5400' slab cost $540 for finishing a dozen years
ago. Now more, maybe half again as much? double?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...