Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Christmas Lights

Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Do it standing on your head.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 10:00:12 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Do it standing on your head.

I tried that once but it HURT, and the size 12 footprints didn't go
away for over a week. Can't do it any more because my back and legs
are too stiff to get into that position any more - it's a bugger
getting old!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 10:55 am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

don't take um down
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 09:35:05 -0800 (PST), "gnu/linux"
wrote:

On Nov 8, 10:55 am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

don't take um down

http://www.3rednecktenors.com/images/issue6.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 10:55*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Do they work, when mine dont I just keep adding more. Over 20 years
some are breaking apart into pieces
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 2:07*pm, ransley wrote:
On Nov 8, 10:55*am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Do they work, when mine dont I just keep adding more. Over 20 years
some are breaking apart into pieces

Home Depot has a special Sat and Sun only. Bring in a string of lights
that does not work anymore, they'll give you a $3 coupon towards any
LED christamas lighting. Limit 5 strings of lights. So you can get $15
off a nice set of lights or even a statue or figurine.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 16:31:32 -0500, Claude Hopper
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

I gave up Christmas.

Christmas hasn't gotten here, yet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat 08 Nov 2008 02:31:32p, Claude Hopper told us...

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last
year's Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

I gave up Christmas.

For what? Lent?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Saturday, 11(XI)/08(VIII)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
2dys 3hrs 27mins
Real programmers write COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last
year's Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

I gave up Christmas.

For what? Lent?

Sanity

But there is no Sanity Clause.

rim shot
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last
year's Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

I gave up Christmas.
For what? Lent?

Sanity

But there is no Sanity Clause.

rim shot

I wish there had been a Sanity Clause in my Marriage Contract 'cuz my
wife is driving me crazy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

How does one get a christmas light ready? I'm sure there is answer, but it's
going to be interesting to read the Ed Pawlowski version.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's
Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

How does one get a christmas light ready?

You draw up the display plans on you CAD system, then you rent a
warehouse bay and start fabricating the framework, installing the
animation motors, mounting the lights and testing the controllers. When
everything passes testing you carefully dismantle and pack it for
transport home.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Stormin Mormon wrote:

How does one get a christmas light ready?

You draw up the display plans on you CAD system, then you rent a
warehouse bay and start fabricating the framework, installing the
animation motors, mounting the lights and testing the controllers. When
everything passes testing you carefully dismantle and pack it for
transport home.

Pretty much what I've been telling my wife for the past 27 years we've lived
here. Should be ready soon, but I'm still working on the CAD drawings. No
way am I going out in the cold to string lights. She puts a candle in the
windows.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 19:07:16 -0500, DerbyDad03
wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last
year's Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

I gave up Christmas.
For what? Lent?
Sanity

But there is no Sanity Clause.

rim shot

I wish there had been a Sanity Clause in my Marriage Contract 'cuz my
wife is driving me crazy.

How far does she drive? Does she make progress? Just checking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Pete C." wrote in message
ster.com...

Stormin Mormon wrote:

How does one get a christmas light ready?

You draw up the display plans on you CAD system, then you rent a
warehouse bay and start fabricating the framework, installing the
animation motors, mounting the lights and testing the controllers.
When everything passes testing you carefully dismantle and pack it
for transport home.

Pretty much what I've been telling my wife for the past 27 years we've
lived here. Should be ready soon, but I'm still working on the CAD
drawings. No way am I going out in the cold to string lights. She
puts a candle in the windows.

Candle - very few components and dependencies. Highly reliable :-)

[assume we mean the econo plastic plug in candles]
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pete C. wrote in message
ster.com...
You draw up the display plans on you CAD system,
then you rent a warehouse bay and start fabricating
the framework, installing the animation motors,
mounting the lights and testing the controllers.
When everything passes testing you carefully
dismantle and pack it for transport home.

Love it! Reminds me of my Holiday Watch Neighborhood Group; the
same ones that make a contest of the best display (let's call
the newspapers and local news stations) for complete coverage.

I was cudgeled into putting up my obligatory single string
around the eaves of Castle Ranger. Since I was up on my 7'
ladder, I could look around the neighborhood. I noticed a
neighbor of mine (Bud of Many Lights and Christmas Kitsch)
outside adding yet more light stringers to his ever-expanding
Tim-Allen-like collection. He saw me and motioned for me to
come on over. I have come to dread these little meetings
(during this festive time of year) for two reasons: 1) he's
obsessive in his gaudiness and 2) he's obsessive about having
others join in on his "hobby."

As I walked across the street, I noticed his latest purchase of
Christmas kitsch -- a 50' string of chili peppers -- and there
were several unopened boxes still to be added. He followed my
horrified stare and beamed like a new father, "Like 'em?"

"Uh... They're chili peppers..." I stammered lamely.

"Yeah! And I bought all those boxes for less than it cost for
one string of those icing lines! Cool, huh?"

I chose not to answer. Whenever I answer him, I get mean and
nasty, and my daughter-units like his daughter-units. Since
they were all off playing [peacefully] at that moment inside
Castle Ranger, there was no benefit to holding yet another of
our public-health-vs.-private-individual-desires debate.

"I see you're putting up your lights early this year..."

I paused, knowing where this was leading and looked at him. I
nodded
once.

"Are you going to put up anything else? Join the group?"

I sighed. It was inevitable. At least he hadn't sent his
cronies down to "talk to me" this time.

"We've gone over this already. I do not want to create
something," and gestured at his yard, "this massive. You have
to put it away after the season. You have to store it. You have
to PAY for it before, during and after. If a bulb goes out on
one of your stringers, the whole line is dead... Until you find
that single bulb. Gahdzferbid you should have multiple bulbs go
out..."

"That's insignificant to the joy you bring others. We've had
people /stop by/..."

"That's the other thing. You're creating a nuisance --
traffic-wise and people-wise -- by your creation."

"Buddy..."

"Bud," I interrupted. "You have your feelings on the subject, I
have mine. We are in separate camps and we should consider the
subject closed. You recruited your few sheeple. That should
make you happy. Besides, if you make this a competition with
the city, they're going to start sending out inspectors. They
don't like the competition."

"Bah. We handled last year's..."

I shook my head and sighed. Obstinate knob.

There was a long pause. "So... What'dya think?" He held up the
new line of glowing chilis.

I smiled, in spite of myself. "If they make you happy, then
I'll live through it. What's TMFW(it)W¹ think?"

He sheepishly smiled, "She says I need a hobby. I tell ya! I
got one!" And with that, he started whistling and went back to
stringing up his latest addition. I looked over his yard one
more time. Every year, I hope he can't add anything more, and
every year, he surprises me by doing just that.

The Ranger

¹ The Most Fertile Woman (in the) World.