Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Christmas Lights

What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window.
How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

I keep them in the box under the stairs storage space. Saves on the
electric bill also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

I'm not sure where to find them, but I've seen people use a slip-on
cover to hide the bulbs you don't want to show.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco

Putting burned out lamps in a series
circuit could be bad if there are too
many. It
will increase the current and shorten
the other lamp's lives. I have been
known to
use aluminum foil to "black out" lamps
in a series string that you don't want
to see.

Norminn wrote:
wrote:

What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window.
How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

Plug in burned out bulbs, or take the wires out of bulbs and plug them
back in.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Baker

YOU TAKE BLACK ELECTRICAL TAPE & TAPE THEM . (WORKS GREAT)
wrote in message
ups.com...
What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window.
How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

wrote in message
ups.com...
What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window.
How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

I just get a shorter string if I don't need them all.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

"LurfysMa" wrote
Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this
setup:
http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

Wow, that was cool.
Do you know who did the music, or the name of the song?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Don wrote:
"LurfysMa" wrote
Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this
setup:
http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

Wow, that was cool.
Do you know who did the music, or the name of the song?

The music is Wizards in Winter on the album "The Lost Christmas Eve" by
Trans-Siberian Orchestra. www.trans-siberian.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Large Marge

Don wrote:
"LurfysMa" wrote

Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this
setup:
http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

Wow, that was cool.
Do you know who did the music, or the name of the song?

The Transiberian Orchestra - wizards in winter Off "The Lost Christmas Eve"
Posted to alt.home.repair
Large Marge

LurfysMa wrote:
On 28 Nov 2005 09:29:21 -0800, wrote:

What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window.
How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this
setup:

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

We just went to see this house. It is in Mason, Ohio. I thought we were
probably going on a wild goose chase since I haven't heard anything
about this house except through an email I got -- and it didn't say
where it was. (Thanks No name -- it was easy to find once I knew who
owned the house).

The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. There are more lights
on it in person than you can see in the picture. And it is more
colorful. Very impressive!! He plays music through an FM station that
you tune into in your car -- you can't hear the music otherwise --
therefore the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise. Some were
Christmas songs -- and the lights went along with the music. He played
God Bless the USA which was great and ended with the one you heard.

It is on a very short dead end street in a subdivision. I can't even
begin to imagine what that street is going to be like when the word gets
out and it gets closer to Christmas.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

The picture doesn't even begin to do it justice. There are more lights
on it in person than you can see in the picture. And it is more
colorful. Very impressive!! He plays music through an FM station that
you tune into in your car -- you can't hear the music otherwise --
therefore the neighbors aren't bothered by the noise. Some were
Christmas songs -- and the lights went along with the music. He played
God Bless the USA which was great and ended with the one you heard.

Ha...glad to read this. I saw the video linked in another NG and I wasn't
entirely sure if it was real or editing/video trickery. Are those LED
lights? The on/off time seems fast for incandescants. One thing I
wondered about was the figures or whatever they are that are on the lawn in
front of the peace sign...like why you can't see the outlines of the ones
in front when only the rear ones illuminate. Perhaps just overexposure
glare.

Glad also the music question is settled. I suggested that maybe someone
might do something like that via radio just like a drive-in movie. So
right on that count.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

"John P Reber" wrote in message
news:1133280659.859a3f0ae3a82515c01ae94ff7bd6a26@f e5.teranews.com...
LurfysMa wrote:
On 28 Nov 2005 09:29:21 -0800, wrote:

What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

ex: wrapping lights around a window then to and around the next window.
How do you safely hide the lights between the 2 windows?

Once you get that figured out, send me detailed instructions for this
setup:

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

Awesome

Hellacious guitar playing in that song, puts a goosebump on my backbone.....
I understand the members of Savatage created Trans-Siberia Orchestra, so
that would explain it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

And now everything you ever might care to know:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp
http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/wizardsofwinter.php
http://www.lightorama.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair
Large Marge

Steve Kraus wrote:
And now everything you ever might care to know:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp
http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/wizardsofwinter.php
http://www.lightorama.com/

More Video from Ohio:
http://www.bartontech.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

It does make it a little less special (to me at least) knowing this is just
something you can buy and plug in as opposed to some clever home
engineering.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Cardboard box under the bed.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

What methods do you use to hide lights you don't want seen?

Posted to alt.home.repair
John Smith

Large Marge wrote:
Steve Kraus wrote:

And now everything you ever might care to know:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp
http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/wizardsofwinter.php
http://www.lightorama.com/

More Video from Ohio:
http://www.bartontech.com/funstuff/jingle.wmv

Update: On 6 December 2005, news reports announced that Carson
Williams' 2005 Christmas light display had been shut down because it was
causing traffic congestion problems in his subdivision.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Kraus

But there was something about them appearing in a Miller Beer commercial.