Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Default Goodman AC Lemon

"Zyp" wrote in message
newsMGdnSfFSNpToRPVnZ2dnUVZ_ojinZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
Steve wrote:
"KAubert (Air-Care)" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself and your
customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana product.

Hi all.

With Goodman being the hands down low price leader; Goodman has been
the #1 choice here on the coast especially since Katrina. You see
them on million $ plus homes.

I have to love them because we get a great deal of service calls
because of them. They are very simple to work on as you all know.

But I do prefer to work on them when they have been installed by
others.

As for us installing them; we were forced to after the storm due to
the low price. But we don't anymore. Payne with their package
pricing is about the same price. Depending on tonage Payne can be
lower in price.

Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps us
from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts availability.
Especially coils. We have had several occasions where we had to wait
up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each occasion we called all
the local distributors and there was not a coil to be had in the
country. I have to assume that they batch their factory for
efficiency and this causes the supply disruptions. If anyone knows
some secret that I don't know to help us get coils quicker, I am all
ears.

Bye now:

Keith,

I have found that *most* evap coil failures have been from not having
the drain properly trapped. This is especially prevelent on heat pump
air handlers, and fan coils with straight electric heat. Rarely do I
find rusted out, leaky coils with gas furnaces, regardless of if its
trapped or not.

Rusty? The coils from Goodman I've seen [and Carrier] have plastic drain
pans. No?

I wasn't talking about the pans under the coils, I was talking about hte
coils themselves and the tin tubesheets on the ends of the coils. When the
tubing wall thickness is no more than .025 inch, then it doesn't take much
to pierce the tubing. Rust on the tube sheets will do that just fine.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

over a barrel wrote:
"Shaun" wrote in message

can train a monkey to do resi

Trained monkeys suck.

--

Train them to do whatever you like. That wouldn't be my first choice.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

ransley wrote:

snip
ratings by public polls dont lie,

snip

I think they might...

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 28, 2:12 pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 28, 11:08 am, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:

"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 27, 10:40 pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.

If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.

**** off, Dick.

Alas, a measure of the professionalism of the hvac crowd
It is no wonder people come to alt.home.repair when they
need advice.

Yep, that's because they want to be told what they like to hear... and
that's what they get at alt.home.repair.
Over at the real HVAC talk... alt.hvac... they get told the cold hard
facts... which most of the time, they don't like hearing.
Tough luck.- Hide quoted text -

Real facts, like Goodman rates LAST

When installed by a hack like yourself.- Hide quoted text -

I dont do any hvac work, ratings by public polls dont lie, you must be
a goodman installer to to have this bother you.

Bother me... just when morons like yourself can and won't except facts.
The fact is that their reports are a complete joke.- Hide quoted text -

Thats just it you moron ITS A POLL , so how could it possiby be a
joke, your opinion is the joke you are a joke , because you refuse to
admit what you sell is not the best.

As I just posted to your butt buddy... you know nothing about me or the
brands I sell.
But one thing is clear... you like to post inaccurate information!

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message
KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the
condenser coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to put a
hard-start cap on it.

And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has been down
for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they didn't
make the coils anymore. Then they came up with a replacement which
they said would be there overnight. Then when the service guys went
to pick it up, they said they didn't have any in stock.

So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.

Why don't you just 'fix' the coil. It's copper. It's relatively easy to
remove, pressurize, locate, repair, and reinstall, dehydrate, and charge.

Just recently I had to fix a CARRIER 48SS package unit, and an older Day &
Night. [Leaking evaporators.] What I find funny is I haven't had to fix
any Goodman's but, SUMMIT, ASPEN have been popular and RHEEM's seem to be
top on the list last year for leaks.

Are you going to repair the ones leaking in the tube sheets?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Jul 28, 10:51*pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:
"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Are you going to repair the ones leaking in the tube sheets?- Hide quoted text -

Goodman is rated LAST in a poll by 67000 by Consumer Reports.. Eat
on that Khack ,, you aint no pro KJpro, u a hack bosso. A
Goodbitch hackpo
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

KJPRO You a hackpro a Goodman hackpro--- you a looser KJPRO a fukn
waste of worm
and bait , bu your fat esss iss bait, LOOSER , you ****tard.. hack
boi...........
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

[...]

But one thing is clear... you like to post inaccurate information!- Hide quoted text -

And I bet you sell Goodman=goodcrap because real companes like Lennox
wont have yur crooked ass ****
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

[...]

5 bucks says that 95% of the leaky Rheem coils were "M" coils in air
handlers, where the drains were not trapped properly.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

[...]

What is possibly innacurate about a public poll, answer that if you
can.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Once again, you post nothing BUT more lies.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

[...]

I have explained it many times before... one more time isn't going to make
you understand it any better, as you're just incapable of comprehending
FACTS.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message

&
Night. [Leaking evaporators.] What I find funny is I haven't had to fix
any Goodman's but, SUMMIT, ASPEN have been popular and RHEEM's seem to
be
top on the list last year for leaks.

Are you going to repair the ones leaking in the tube sheets?- Hide quoted
text -

Goodman is rated LAST in a poll by 67000 by Consumer Reports.. Eat
on that Khack ,, you aint no pro KJpro, u a hack bosso. A
Goodbitch hackpo

Wow... are we getting mad... just because you can't handle FACTS... there's
no need to get your blood pressure up.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Do I or do I not sell Goodman... I know you don't know the answer.
But go ahead and post more of your ****... as that's all you got.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

I have explained it many times before... one more time isn't going to make
you understand it any better, as you're just incapable of comprehending
FACTS.

Kenny,
Just killfile the SOB, he's nothing but another f*ckin troll

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:

What is possibly innacurate about a public poll, answer that if you
can.

Well. Consumer Reports is a very good organization sends out an
annual survey to its subscribers asking for reasonably detailed
information about their experience with home appliances, vehicles,
etc. They then report the results of the survey in a future issue.

Problem is, replying to all or any of the survey is optional. That
means CR is more likely to hear from two types of respondent: those
who've had trouble with a device (satisfied customers usually don't
bother); and the types who take meticulous care of their
possessions, and like to note and brag about how those items perform.

Unhappy customers will weight the responses against a particular
model or brand.
The meticulous types will weight the responses in favor of the model
and brands they've taken good care of.

See where the bias in each case can factor in? Lemons (happens to
every model) will get disproportionately reported, and a lot of the
bias behind the high-performing models is that they've been owned by
people who performed the necessary maintenance and were proud to
report on how well the device held up.

That's the most common criticism of CR's owner survey reports that
put foreign cars ahead of domestic vehicles. The argument is that
originally, foreign car owners were the types willing to purchase a
vehicle that would require them to get more involved in the
maintenance since local shops weren't familiar with them. The owners
were proud of maintaining the vehicles and were happy to report how
well they performed. Then the selection bias kicked in: people began
hearing that foreign cars were better, so more people began buying
them. Those who bought them were more likely to maintain them, and
so the bias continued.

In that respect the car brand debate mirrors the a/c brand debate:
some brands have superior or inferior characteristics, but a lot of
how well and how long the product will perform depends on how the
end user maintains it. And in the case of a/c, how the installer
selects and installs it. That, by the way, is Consumer Report's main
point: the brand plays some role, but they do say the primary factor
is choosing the right hvac contractor.

Also, ConsumerSearch, a consumer-oriented website unrelated to CR,
says this about a/c brands:

"We found more criticism and complaints about Goodman (makers of the
Goodman, Janitrol and Amana brands) than any other brand. In spite
of that, most contractors maintain that the problem is not with
Goodman products, which are sometimes less expensive, but with
faulty installation. These pros say that other manufacturers, such
as Trane and Bryant, establish stringent requirements for
technicians who install their equipment, while Goodman will let
anyone install one of their air conditioners. When these pros repair
Goodman units, they often find that the problem is not defective or
short-lived parts. If you buy a Goodman air conditioner from a
skilled contractor, they say it will be as reliable as any other brand."
http://www.consumersearch.com/www/ho...-conditioners/

I had a very good local hvac contractor install an Amana furnace for
me several years ago, and it's been trouble free. This contractor
recently came out and fixed my Carrier a/c, and it didn't take him
more than fifteen minutes to correctly diagnose and fix the problem.
Some folks might find the $160 I paid to be a lot of money for a
short service call. I say it's worth paying a competent pro to get
it done right the first time.

HellT
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Hell Toupee wrote:
ransley wrote:

[...]

OH and LOOK. He gave links to verify his information, UNLIKE - ransley or
is that rancid?

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I don't believe I have installed a Goodman product in maybe 3 or 4
years, but if the customer wants a low priced and reliable unit with
one of the many Goodman names on it.. Thats just what they will get.
I guess your idea of a highly rated heating system is tossing rolls of
old Newspapers into that 55 Gallon barrel stove? I don't have any
people rated low enough for that kind of system.

But burning rolled newspaper is a "recycling" effort. No? But then that
keeps the landfill from being overfilled, and yet increases greenhouse gas.
Can't win.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

That's what was happening with the CARRIER package unit I just repaired.
The tubesheet(s) were rusted fairly bad. But the refrigerant leak on the
coil was up higher in the coil and mid tube away from the base pan and
tubesheets. Rusting tubesheets had little to do with it.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

What I find interesting about RANCID is he resorts to cusing and ranting
when he can't reason well.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Noon-Air wrote:
[...]

Naw, these were older coils before the "N" series ..... when plastic
[fiberglass] pans weren't out yet. But for the sake of argument, we had
several brand new 5 ton ADP [Lennox] coils with leaky pans [craked] from the
factory. Wasn't fun changing them out either to new pans. After that, we
were opening the boxes on the dock before accpeting them.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message
news:UuGdnfMOJZm_1xLVnZ2dnUVZ_rjinZ2d@championbroa dband.com...
Hell Toupee wrote:
ransley wrote:

[...]

That's because HellT has a brain, unlike ransley.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

That is Ransley speak for, he thinks you're cute and wants to have your
baby. ;-p
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:

wrote:

[...]

For one thing, it's old.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

I wouldn't touch him... even with your dick! lol