Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Default Goodman AC Lemon

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 02:57:06 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

wrote:

Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.

If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.

Dick

**** off, Dick.

www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online at www.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now at www.pmilligan.net/finder.htm
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Joseph" wrote in message
est...
"KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote in message

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 4:32 pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 12:38:11 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:
Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself
and your
customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana
product.

Who the **** are you ?

What ****ing extensive knowledge base, what large data sample,
do you have for saying any such thing ????

You're like the asshole who buys aq Ford, has a problem ,and
start running his mouth about 'Dont' buy Ford, they suck !'
based on
perceived individual experience with one vehicle.

You ****ing moron.

I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the
condenser
coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to put a
hard-start
cap on it.

You sound like DIY'r that bought something over the internet,
put it in yourself, and now you're bitching about the
workmanship.

You ****ing moron.

And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has
been down
for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they
didn't make
the coils anymore. Then they came up with a replacement which
they
said would be there overnight. Then when the service guys went
to pick
it up, they said they didn't have any in stock.

So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for
another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.

You ****ing moron.

--
Click here every day to feed an animal that needs you today
!!!www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the
restraints.'
'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo online atwww.pmilligan.net/palm/
Free 'People finder' program now atwww.pmilligan.net/finder.htm

PJM the **** mouth again, hey ass wipe go back to altasshvac. BTW
you fukn moron Consumer Reports poll of over 67000 over 7 years
confirmed Goodman is crap, it rated last by a big margin. Stay
away
from here butt head.

BTW, Consumer Reports, reports are completely inaccurate!
Why don't you learn something about HVAC and then you my reply on
the
subject.
In the mean time shut your pie hole, as it only makes you out to
be a
complete idiot.- Hide quoted text -

OK mr genious, tell everyone, how a public poll of 67000 over 7
years can possibly be innacurate enough to change goodmans solid
last
place in public ratings, solid by a margin of 10% lower then the
next
highest, you cant, can you, or do you sell goodmans crap too

I'll install what ever system you want... and it will out last the
system you pick that is installed by a hack.
Fact is, the installer is the most important item to any HVAC
system. They can make or break your equipment.
The other fact is, you have no HVAC knowledge on this subject or
you wouldn't have made your original post.
My comment about *you* getting some HVAC training *before* you
*try* and tell PROFESSIONALS that they are wrong, still stands.
Now go get a clue...

In addition: Goodman sells its equipment to just about any
hack or HO, whereas, the more respected brands sell to Lic'd and
often trained HVAC contractors only.

(cross post left intact)

And since the sheetmetal is thin enough rarely takes more than a single
person that's reasonably physically fit to hoist /emplace it even into a
relatively tight attic space...

Sadly, this also conspires to also make the brand one that you'll most often
see with prices at a steep discount say scratch and dent etc..

Hell buy em up toss em in give no warranty hell they already done sat there
5 years and psssssst so long as the ****ing nitrogen charge is still
intact.....

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:

[...]

Yeah! Right...Thats the Ticket! You know damned well that any and all
distributors are under the gun to meet a quota and will sell to anybody
with a buck. Money talks, bull**** walks. The guy off the street doesn't
get the same price as a regular buyer of equipment though. That covers
all brands!

(cross post left intact)

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

What a crock of crap! What comic book did you get that out of? Take a
Microcrometer and measure it against any other and then come back to
this professional group and apologized for dumping your ignorance here.
Their pricing has to do with "No advertising" mass production and very
cheap labor. Buying components in massive quantities etc.

Sadly, this also conspires to also make the brand one that you'll most often
see with prices at a steep discount say scratch and dent etc..

Bull****, I buy more Colemans and Heils for that. They go into Habitat
for Humanity construction.It has to do with the shipping and packaging.
Try a bit of honesty and intelligence in you posting.

Hell buy em up toss em in give no warranty hell they already done sat there
5 years and psssssst so long as the ****ing nitrogen charge is still
intact.....

Actually its a 10 year warranty and as usual you are full of ****!
Goodmans don't stay unsold that long, but Lennox and a couple of others
do. I guess your not used to end of Season selloffs of remaining stock
in order to open warehouse space for the new models. All distributors
have a quota to make and cannot have a backlog of inventory plugging up
valuable warehouse space. Talk to your Johnstone Dealer. They sell
Coleman and Goodman.. When end of the season hits, that equipment is
liquidated.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Dick Adams wrote:
wrote:

Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.

If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.

Dick

OK, Tiny Dick...Keep your insane little tribesman in your group and out
of ours. Would it help if I put a foot up your ass?

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 26, 4:31 pm, "Noon-Air" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:

[...]

Dude, maybe you need to rethink... Paul is *not* the one who crossposted
this to alt.hvac.
OTOH, maybe you need to go find some soap to wash your mouth out with
first.- Hide quoted text -

PJM is always talkin ****, stick that bar up yer ass

Welcome to my killfile.

*click*

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:

[...]

Now go get a clue...- Hide quoted text -

No you get a clue, quality of equipment is built in at the factory,
you dont make it, you just install it.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 2:38*pm, wrote:
Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself and your
customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana product.

Hi all.

With Goodman being the hands down low price leader; Goodman has been
the #1 choice here on the coast especially since Katrina. You see
them on million $ plus homes.

I have to love them because we get a great deal of service calls
because of them. They are very simple to work on as you all know.

But I do prefer to work on them when they have been installed by
others.

As for us installing them; we were forced to after the storm due to
the low price. But we don't anymore. Payne with their package
pricing is about the same price. Depending on tonage Payne can be
lower in price.

Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps us
from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts availability.
Especially coils. We have had several occasions where we had to wait
up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each occasion we called all
the local distributors and there was not a coil to be had in the
country. I have to assume that they batch their factory for
efficiency and this causes the supply disruptions. If anyone knows
some secret that I don't know to help us get coils quicker, I am all
ears.

Bye now:

I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the condenser
coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to put a hard-start
cap on it.

And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has been down
for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they didn't make
the coils anymore. Then they came up with a replacement which they
said would be there overnight. Then when the service guys went to pick
it up, they said they didn't have any in stock.

So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:

[...]

Yes. You can sell Goodmans the same way suppliers of military equipment do:
with a spare-parts pack. You can specify that every system you buy from
Goodman come with a box of matching parts that experience says you can be
expected to replace during the warranty period: coils, compressor, etc.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:

[...]

Think what you want.. you're to stupid to understand the facts.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps us
from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts availability.
Especially coils. We have had several occasions where we had to wait
up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each occasion we called all
the local distributors and there was not a coil to be had in the
country. I have to assume that they batch their factory for
efficiency and this causes the supply disruptions. If anyone knows
some secret that I don't know to help us get coils quicker, I am all
ears.

I never have problem getting parts or coils for Goodman.
The supply hose I deal with will take a part off a new unit if they don't
have one in stock including an Air handler coil. The only problem where I
had to wait almost a week was I had one condenser coil leak under warranty
in almost twenty years of installations. I don't remember ever having a
leak in a package unit coil that needed replaced either. And Goodman is
not the cheapest either. I know Payne & Lennox's Aire-Flo brand are
cheaper. There's probably a few others like Grand Air, Whirlpool,etc..
that are just as cheap.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message

On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:

[...]

Steve replied;
You can say what you want, and do what you want, but when it comes down to
it, and using your logic, you will go buy cheap engine, on the internet(with
no warranty implied or otherwise), then get your local shade tree mechanic
with the lowest price that may or may not still be in business 6 months from
now, and have him install it in your Ferrari....after all the quality is
built in at the factory, and he only installed it, right??

Now go get some education and training in the field so you will have a half
a chance of knowing the difference. Either way, you can pay me now, or you
can pay me later. BTW... what are you going to do when your POS R-22 system
loses its refrigerant charge in a couple of years, and the price of R-22 is
$10/OUNCE or $160/lb???

FWIW, its a proven fact that most any system that is installed by a
*competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, Master HVAC
technician, will give you quiet efficient comfort for 20+ years with no
major problems or repairs required, while the *SAME* system that is hacked
in by the lowest bidder will have problems from the very start in the form
of lack of humidity removal/control, very noisy, expensive to operate, and
need major repairs within the first 6-8 years.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"KAubert (Air-Care)" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Keith,

I have found that *most* evap coil failures have been from not having the
drain properly trapped. This is especially prevelent on heat pump air
handlers, and fan coils with straight electric heat. Rarely do I find rusted
out, leaky coils with gas furnaces, regardless of if its trapped or not.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 2:59 pm, wrote:
[...]

I guess that is why we have special classes on installs and set ups.
No one goes out on an install alone until they have passed the class and
have worked on many installs with experience installers. The same goes
for service personal. A crappy install and no maintenance will shorten
the life of any HVAC equipment..The same goes for the car yo drive.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

You told the story.. Goodman had to furnish millions of HVAC equipment
in a short period of time. Their warranty is good but slow due to
shortages of parts and the personal to process it. Can you imagine the
massive effort to produce millions of product, when your geared for
hundreds of thousands?

I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the condenser
coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to put a hard-start
cap on it.

And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has been down
for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they didn't make
the coils anymore. Then they came up with a replacement which they
said would be there overnight. Then when the service guys went to pick
it up, they said they didn't have any in stock.

So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Nice to see some people in your profession can speak civilly. Thanks for
your response and thanks to the OP for cross-posting. Very informative.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Shaun" wrote in message
can train a monkey to do resi

If thats true, then what HVAC company do you work for??

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

CJT wrote:
Noon-Air wrote:

wrote in message

Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself and your
customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana product.

I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the condenser
coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to put a hard-start
cap on it.

And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has been down
for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they didn't make
the coils anymore. Then they came up with a replacement which they
said would be there overnight. Then when the service guys went to pick
it up, they said they didn't have any in stock.

So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.

Gotta hate it when the lowest price comes back to bite you inna ass.

My guess is he had a dud installer.

Hi,
Right on that is good combination.
Good product needs also good installer who knows what s/he is doing.
Good tech can make even a Goodman work OK.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Tony Hwang wrote:

CJT wrote:

Noon-Air wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

I would have said a bad installer can make even a Goodman work poorly.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Shaun" wrote in message
can train a monkey to do resi

But still can't stop him from ****ing in the laundry sink...

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Shaun" wrote in message
can train a monkey to do resi

Trained monkeys suck.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Jul 27, 10:40*pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.

If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.

**** off, Dick.

Alas, a measure of the professionalism of the hvac crowd
It is no wonder people come to alt.home.repair when they
need advice.

Yep, that's because they want to be told what they like to hear... and
that's what they get at alt.home.repair.
Over at the real HVAC talk... alt.hvac... they get told the cold hard
facts... which most of the time, they don't like hearing.
Tough luck.- Hide quoted text -

Real facts, like Goodman rates LAST

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.

If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.

**** off, Dick.

Alas, a measure of the professionalism of the hvac crowd
It is no wonder people come to alt.home.repair when they
need advice.

Yep, that's because they want to be told what they like to hear... and
that's what they get at alt.home.repair.
Over at the real HVAC talk... alt.hvac... they get told the cold hard
facts... which most of the time, they don't like hearing.
Tough luck.- Hide quoted text -

Real facts, like Goodman rates LAST

When installed by a hack like yourself.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.

If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.

**** off, Dick.

Alas, a measure of the professionalism of the hvac crowd
It is no wonder people come to alt.home.repair when they
need advice.

Yep, that's because they want to be told what they like to hear... and
that's what they get at alt.home.repair.
Over at the real HVAC talk... alt.hvac... they get told the cold hard
facts... which most of the time, they don't like hearing.
Tough luck.- Hide quoted text -

Real facts, like Goodman rates LAST

When installed by a hack like yourself.- Hide quoted text -

I dont do any hvac work, ratings by public polls dont lie, you must be
a goodman installer to to have this bother you.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Bother me... just when morons like yourself can and won't except facts.
The fact is that their reports are a complete joke.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:

[...]

The fact is that their reports are a complete joke.- Hide quoted text -

Thats just it you moron ITS A POLL , so how could it possiby be a
joke, your opinion is the joke you are a joke , because you refuse to
admit what you sell is not the best.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Why don't you just 'fix' the coil. It's copper. It's relatively easy to
remove, pressurize, locate, repair, and reinstall, dehydrate, and charge.

Just recently I had to fix a CARRIER 48SS package unit, and an older Day &
Night. [Leaking evaporators.] What I find funny is I haven't had to fix
any Goodman's but, SUMMIT, ASPEN have been popular and RHEEM's seem to be
top on the list last year for leaks.

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Rusty? The coils from Goodman I've seen [and Carrier] have plastic drain
pans. No?

--
Zyp

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

over a barrel wrote:
"Shaun" wrote in message
can train a monkey to do resi

Trained monkeys suck.

Now you did it! Got the lads over at Alt.Homemoaners all excited.
They will be sniffing fire hydrants all night now. ;-p

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:
Who the **** are you ?
You ****ing moron.
If you have a need to flame people, keep it in alt.hvac
and do not crosspost to alt.home.repair as the natives
in alt.home.repair are concerned with helping people,
not with name calling.
**** off, Dick.
Alas, a measure of the professionalism of the hvac crowd
It is no wonder people come to alt.home.repair when they
need advice.

Yep, that's because they want to be told what they like to hear... and
that's what they get at alt.home.repair.
Over at the real HVAC talk... alt.hvac... they get told the cold hard
facts... which most of the time, they don't like hearing.
Tough luck.- Hide quoted text -

Real facts, like Goodman rates LAST

Doesn't make any difference where they rate. Cheap *******s like you
demand enough of them to make them the worlds top seller. I do believe
the same outfit that owns Carrier now owns Goodman. Pretty hard to
criticize such a profitable organization. A wise investor would buy
their stock and let dummies like you make them rich.. Ohhhh.. I think I
already did that. ;-)
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
(Dick Adams) wrote:
wrote:
[...]

I don't believe I have installed a Goodman product in maybe 3 or 4
years, but if the customer wants a low priced and reliable unit with one
of the many Goodman names on it.. Thats just what they will get.
I guess your idea of a highly rated heating system is tossing rolls of
old Newspapers into that 55 Gallon barrel stove? I don't have any people
rated low enough for that kind of system.
Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

CJT wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:

CJT wrote:

Noon-Air wrote:

wrote in message

[...]

Don't fight lads, Your convoluted opinions don't cut any ice here. no
matter how you present it. ;-p

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

Older installs didn't. And I do believe that the decent ones are
Fiberglass.

Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair

ftwhd wrote:
On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 14:37:15 -0700, "Zyp" wrote:

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
[...]

There are no repairmen anymore. Just replacermen.

Actually at the cost of on site labor, Many times replacement is
actually cheaper. Also replacement can also contain other components
that could created a callback. Even if the original component is not
the problem, it still makes the client suspicious that you should have
also found the new problem the first time around. I don't recommend just
doing replacement on everything, but I do think logical analysis of what
to repair and what to replace is important to both the business and the
customer. Too many kludge jobs create lost business.