Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
KJPRO KJPRO is offline

Default Goodman AC Lemon

"Don Ocean" wrote in message
ransley wrote:
On Jul 28, 10:51 pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:
"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself and your
customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana product.
Hi all.
With Goodman being the hands down low price leader; Goodman has been
the #1 choice here on the coast especially since Katrina. You see
them on million $ plus homes.
I have to love them because we get a great deal of service calls
because of them. They are very simple to work on as you all know.
But I do prefer to work on them when they have been installed by
others.
As for us installing them; we were forced to after the storm due to
the low price. But we don't anymore. Payne with their package
pricing is about the same price. Depending on tonage Payne can be
lower in price.
Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps us
from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts availability.
Especially coils. We have had several occasions where we had to wait
up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each occasion we called all
the local distributors and there was not a coil to be had in the
country. I have to assume that they batch their factory for
efficiency and this causes the supply disruptions. If anyone knows
some secret that I don't know to help us get coils quicker, I am all
ears.
Bye now:
I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the
condenser coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to put a
hard-start cap on it.
And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has been down
for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they didn't
make the coils anymore. Then they came up with a replacement which
they said would be there overnight. Then when the service guys went
to pick it up, they said they didn't have any in stock.
So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.
Why don't you just 'fix' the coil. It's copper. It's relatively easy
remove, pressurize, locate, repair, and reinstall, dehydrate, and
charge.
Just recently I had to fix a CARRIER 48SS package unit, and an older
Day &
Night. [Leaking evaporators.] What I find funny is I haven't had to
fix
any Goodman's but, SUMMIT, ASPEN have been popular and RHEEM's seem to
be
top on the list last year for leaks.
Are you going to repair the ones leaking in the tube sheets?- Hide
quoted text -

KJPRO You a hackpro a Goodman hackpro--- you a looser KJPRO a fukn
waste of worm
and bait , bu your fat esss iss bait, LOOSER , you ****tard.. hack

That is Ransley speak for, he thinks you're cute and wants to have your
baby. ;-p

I wouldn't touch him... even with your dick! lol