Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
Zyp Zyp is offline

Default Goodman AC Lemon

ransley wrote:
On Jul 28, 10:51 pm, "KJPRO" KJPRO @ NEWS . COM wrote:
"Zyp" wrote in message

KAubert (Air-Care) wrote:
On Jul 25, 2:38 pm, wrote:
Evidently Goodman sells lemon air conditioning. Do yourself and
your customers a favor and don't ever buy a Goodman or Amana
product.

Hi all.

With Goodman being the hands down low price leader; Goodman has
been the #1 choice here on the coast especially since Katrina. You
see them on million $ plus homes.

I have to love them because we get a great deal of service calls
because of them. They are very simple to work on as you all know.

But I do prefer to work on them when they have been installed by
others.

As for us installing them; we were forced to after the storm due to
the low price. But we don't anymore. Payne with their package
pricing is about the same price. Depending on tonage Payne can be
lower in price.

Any brand can and will have problems but the one thing that keeps
us from installing Goodman anymore is poor warranty parts
availability. Especially coils. We have had several occasions
where we had to wait up to 12 weeks for a warranty coil. On each
occasion we called all the local distributors and there was not a
coil to be had in the country. I have to assume that they batch
their factory for efficiency and this causes the supply
disruptions. If anyone knows some secret that I don't know to help
us get coils quicker, I am all ears.

Bye now:

I have a unit that is 4 years old. I've already replaced the
condenser coils. The compressor sounds like hell, and I had to
put a hard-start cap on it.

And now the evaporator coils need to be replaced. My AC has been
down for a week. First, Goodman told the service guys that they
didn't make the coils anymore. Then they came up with a
replacement which they said would be there overnight. Then when
the service guys went to pick it up, they said they didn't have
any in stock.

So now I have in Florida heat without air conditioning for another
week until Goodman finds a replacement coil and sends it here.

Why don't you just 'fix' the coil. It's copper. It's relatively
easy to remove, pressurize, locate, repair, and reinstall,
dehydrate, and charge.

Just recently I had to fix a CARRIER 48SS package unit, and an
older Day & Night. [Leaking evaporators.] What I find funny is I
haven't had to fix any Goodman's but, SUMMIT, ASPEN have been
popular and RHEEM's seem to be top on the list last year for leaks.

Are you going to repair the ones leaking in the tube sheets?- Hide
quoted text -

KJPRO You a hackpro a Goodman hackpro--- you a looser KJPRO a fukn
waste of worm
and bait , bu your fat esss iss bait, LOOSER , you ****tard.. hack

What I find interesting about RANCID is he resorts to cusing and ranting
when he can't reason well.

--
Zyp