Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore/Whirlpool Oven Door

On the first day the Devil went to work, she created
Lawyers, HMO's, and electric stoves. I have an
electric stove - never again.

The lower burner died. My childbride cleaned the oven
and I replaced the burner via RepairClinic.com - great
service at a reasonable price.

Upon seeing how cruddy the inner window of the door
was, I removed it and its gasket broke into many pieces.
Per RepairClinic.com, both the inner window and the
gasket have been discontinued by the manufacturer. The
window is not a problem as soaking it in PBW should
clean it, if not - then lye.

How do you replace the gasket?

Dick
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 31, 12:59*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
On the first day the Devil went to work, she created
Lawyers, HMO's, and electric stoves. *I have an
electric stove - never again.

The lower burner died. *My childbride cleaned the oven
and I replaced the burner via RepairClinic.com - great
service at a reasonable price.

Upon seeing how cruddy the inner window of the door
was, I removed it and its gasket broke into many pieces.
Per RepairClinic.com, both the inner window and the
gasket have been discontinued by the manufacturer. *The
window is not a problem as soaking it in PBW should
clean it, if not - then lye.

How do you replace the gasket?

Dick

Call a local appliance repair shop that also sells parts to the public
- a Mom & Pop shop, not a Sears, etc - They probably have sources for
discontinued items like that.

It might also be time to think about replacing the stove with
something more efficient and likable. If NG or propane is available,
I'd certainly go for it.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 31, 11:59*am, (Dick Adams) wrote:
On the first day the Devil went to work, she created
Lawyers, HMO's, and electric stoves. *I have an
electric stove - never again.

The lower burner died. *My childbride cleaned the oven
and I replaced the burner via RepairClinic.com - great
service at a reasonable price.

Upon seeing how cruddy the inner window of the door
was, I removed it and its gasket broke into many pieces.
Per RepairClinic.com, both the inner window and the
gasket have been discontinued by the manufacturer. *The
window is not a problem as soaking it in PBW should
clean it, if not - then lye.

How do you replace the gasket?

Dick

Make a gasket with red high temp silicone sealant available at most
auto parts stores. Don't use lye on the glass as will be permanent;y
etched. HTH

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote in news:f0c38cda-065a-4602-95b8-d907fd114244
@n58g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

[...]

Good tip Joe. Have to keep that one in my back pocket.

I did have to replace one once. It was expensive...like $70. Didn't know
at the time about RepairClinic.com. I've used them for other things since
and agree great service at a reasonable price.