Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Kenmore/Whirlpool Oven Door

On Mar 31, 12:59*pm, (Dick Adams) wrote:
On the first day the Devil went to work, she created
Lawyers, HMO's, and electric stoves. *I have an
electric stove - never again.

The lower burner died. *My childbride cleaned the oven
and I replaced the burner via RepairClinic.com - great
service at a reasonable price.

Upon seeing how cruddy the inner window of the door
was, I removed it and its gasket broke into many pieces.
Per RepairClinic.com, both the inner window and the
gasket have been discontinued by the manufacturer. *The
window is not a problem as soaking it in PBW should
clean it, if not - then lye.

How do you replace the gasket?

Dick

Call a local appliance repair shop that also sells parts to the public
- a Mom & Pop shop, not a Sears, etc - They probably have sources for
discontinued items like that.

It might also be time to think about replacing the stove with
something more efficient and likable. If NG or propane is available,
I'd certainly go for it.