Posted to alt.home.repair
lou lou is offline

Default Kenmore oven door will not stay shut.

Hi, I have a Kenmore oven (model # 665.95781) that has a door that
will not close all the way. It closes to within the distance of
turning off the stove light but it also will open slightly to let the
light on. Is there some sort of adjustment to the spring mechanism on
the door itself? Perhaps the door needs another form of adjustment.
If there is anyone out there that can help I would appreciate the
suggestions. Thanks. Lou in Duluth, MN

Posted to alt.home.repair

Probably a not tight enough spring

Check under the oven on either side, frequently there are adjustable
springs there just set to the next tightest setting

Posted to alt.home.repair

lou wrote:
Hi, I have a Kenmore oven (model # 665.95781) that has a door that
will not close all the way. It closes to within the distance of
turning off the stove light but it also will open slightly to let the
light on. Is there some sort of adjustment to the spring mechanism on
the door itself? Perhaps the door needs another form of adjustment.
If there is anyone out there that can help I would appreciate the
suggestions. Thanks. Lou in Duluth, MN

G'day,

model # 665.95781

That is part of a full model#. I found 665.95781000

door that
will not close all the way

No adjustements to the springs, they are built into the hinge.
Bad door hinges, oven racks in backwards, door gasket, door panal bent,
door hitting the lock are some possible common trouble makers.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=722412
Hinge, oven door X 2.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Low cost SMD Oven for making SMD samples and Prototypes erica Electronics Repair 0 July 11th 06 10:42 AM
Gas oven tripping MCB Lobster UK diy 1 July 3rd 06 07:57 PM
Microwave oven went KAPUT! What went wrong? Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 3 July 15th 04 10:09 PM
advice require about wiring of fitted electric oven Davey P UK diy 7 October 31st 03 01:48 PM
Micrwave oven - M8A fuse? Mike Tomlinson Electronics Repair 7 August 29th 03 07:00 PM