DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Kenmore oven door will not stay shut. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175256-kenmore-oven-door-will-not-stay-shut.html)

lou September 8th 06 03:08 AM

Kenmore oven door will not stay shut.

Hi, I have a Kenmore oven (model # 665.95781) that has a door that
will not close all the way. It closes to within the distance of
turning off the stove light but it also will open slightly to let the
light on. Is there some sort of adjustment to the spring mechanism on
the door itself? Perhaps the door needs another form of adjustment.
If there is anyone out there that can help I would appreciate the
suggestions. Thanks. Lou in Duluth, MN

[email protected] September 8th 06 04:15 AM

Kenmore oven door will not stay shut.

Probably a not tight enough spring:(

Check under the oven on either side, frequently there are adjustable
springs there just set to the next tightest setting

Appliance Repair Aid September 8th 06 01:35 PM

lou wrote:
Hi, I have a Kenmore oven (model # 665.95781) that has a door that
will not close all the way. It closes to within the distance of
turning off the stove light but it also will open slightly to let the
light on. Is there some sort of adjustment to the spring mechanism on
the door itself? Perhaps the door needs another form of adjustment.
If there is anyone out there that can help I would appreciate the
suggestions. Thanks. Lou in Duluth, MN

G'day,

model # 665.95781

That is part of a full model#. I found 665.95781000

door that
will not close all the way

No adjustements to the springs, they are built into the hinge.
Bad door hinges, oven racks in backwards, door gasket, door panal bent,
door hitting the lock are some possible common trouble makers.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=722412
Hinge, oven door X 2.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid