Harry Tuttle

Default Kenmore oven, oven/clock lights stay on.

Hi All, I have a Kenmore built-in oven modle # 911.30168792.
My problem is the oven/clock lights stay on and nothing else.
Not flashing nor is it displaying any error codes, just all
the lights lit up on the ERC board. Pressing the keypad brings
no response. I am thinking problem is ERC or Keypad, however I
don't know how to check them. Has anyone had this problem
before?
Thanks
Dave

G Henslee

Harry Tuttle wrote:
Hi All, I have a Kenmore built-in oven modle # 911.30168792.
My problem is the oven/clock lights stay on and nothing else.
Not flashing nor is it displaying any error codes, just all
the lights lit up on the ERC board. Pressing the keypad brings
no response. I am thinking problem is ERC or Keypad, however I
don't know how to check them. Has anyone had this problem
before?
Thanks
Dave

Harry and Dave
Have you tried just resetting the circuit breaker?
Appliance Repair Aid

Harry Tuttle wrote:
Hi All, I have a Kenmore built-in oven modle # 911.30168792.
My problem is the oven/clock lights stay on and nothing else.
Not flashing nor is it displaying any error codes, just all
the lights lit up on the ERC board. Pressing the keypad brings
no response. I am thinking problem is ERC or Keypad, however I
don't know how to check them. Has anyone had this problem
before?
Thanks
Dave

Hi,

Try removing the power to the oven for a bit and then turn the power
back on to see if the control will reset.

Many techs have a key panal tester they will use to see if the jey
panal is "capable" of working...but still isn't written in stone that
if it passes it is ok.
Many ovens have a tech sheet inside the consol area with tips on
checking the control. Might eve nbe able ot disconnect the key panal
from the clock to see wha thappens.

911.######## is a Roper built Kenmore with GE parts

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=942996
Touch pad & control panel assembly, black

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=868698
Electronic clock control

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Harry Tuttle

Hi,

Try removing the power to the oven for a bit and then turn the power
back on to see if the control will reset.

Many techs have a key panal tester they will use to see if the jey
panal is "capable" of working...but still isn't written in stone that
if it passes it is ok.
Many ovens have a tech sheet inside the consol area with tips on
checking the control. Might eve nbe able ot disconnect the key panal
from the clock to see wha thappens.

Thanks for the speedy replys. For a little more info. The oven
was unpluged (it plugs into a wall outlet in back of the unit)
for several days and still same problem. This all happened
after I lost power in a storm. When the lights came back on the
oven\clock lights just stay on like they are frozen. Unpluging
unit for a long time makes no differance. I unpluged keypad
ribbon cable and it did not phase the lights, they stayed on.
The tech sheet gives ERC Failure codes, however my unit is not
flashing any codes. Another thing, the oven doesen't have 10
hours operating time, although it's about 2 years old.
Thanks Again
Dave

Joseph Meehan

Harry Tuttle wrote:
Hi,

Try removing the power to the oven for a bit and then turn the power
back on to see if the control will reset.

Many techs have a key panal tester they will use to see if the jey
panal is "capable" of working...but still isn't written in stone that
if it passes it is ok.
Many ovens have a tech sheet inside the consol area with tips on
checking the control. Might eve nbe able ot disconnect the key panal
from the clock to see wha thappens.

Thanks for the speedy replys. For a little more info. The oven
was unpluged (it plugs into a wall outlet in back of the unit)
for several days and still same problem. This all happened
after I lost power in a storm.

Another reason to have whole house surge protection. I sounds like it
got hit.

Sorry I don't have any constructive advice

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

The oven was unpluged for several days and still
same problem. This all happened after I lost power in a storm. When

the lights came back on the
oven\clock lights just stay on like they are frozen

Certainly -sounds- like the control got zapped....no testing for that
other than trying a new control....you have eliminated resetting the
unit and tried without the key panal attached with the same results.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
texhill

Hello, I have had this same problem. Would like to know what you did
to fix it. Did replacing the ERC work?
Thanks, Ken