Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Kenmore/Whirlpool Oven Door

On Mar 31, 11:59*am, (Dick Adams) wrote:
On the first day the Devil went to work, she created
Lawyers, HMO's, and electric stoves. *I have an
electric stove - never again.

The lower burner died. *My childbride cleaned the oven
and I replaced the burner via RepairClinic.com - great
service at a reasonable price.

Upon seeing how cruddy the inner window of the door
was, I removed it and its gasket broke into many pieces.
Per RepairClinic.com, both the inner window and the
gasket have been discontinued by the manufacturer. *The
window is not a problem as soaking it in PBW should
clean it, if not - then lye.

How do you replace the gasket?

Dick

Make a gasket with red high temp silicone sealant available at most
auto parts stores. Don't use lye on the glass as will be permanent;y
etched. HTH

Joe