Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how long is a new home warranty?

I lived in my house three years, and just discovered the shower pan
has been leaking because it was installed stupidly. Anything that
could be wrong about it IS wrong. While I'm looking for the warranty
paperwork, ... what's the chance of getting the builder back to rip
out the shower and build it right? If I can prove the shower pan was
put in as ignorantly as I say it was, could it be that the warranty is
irrelevant and he has to fix it anyway?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I lived in my house three years, and just discovered the shower pan
has been leaking because it was installed stupidly. Anything that
could be wrong about it IS wrong. While I'm looking for the warranty
paperwork, ... what's the chance of getting the builder back to rip
out the shower and build it right? If I can prove the shower pan was
put in as ignorantly as I say it was, could it be that the warranty is
irrelevant and he has to fix it anyway?

Warranty time can vary from builder to builder and state to state. Find that
paperwork.

No, he'd not have to fix it anyway. Since none of us can see how it was
installed, we can't say if it was stupid or not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I lived in my house three years, and just discovered the shower pan
has been leaking because it was installed stupidly. Anything that
could be wrong about it IS wrong. While I'm looking for the warranty
paperwork, ... what's the chance of getting the builder back to rip
out the shower and build it right? If I can prove the shower pan was
put in as ignorantly as I say it was, could it be that the warranty is
irrelevant and he has to fix it anyway?

Depends on your paperwork. Any advice would be mere guesswork and conjecture
until you tell us what the paperwork says.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
I lived in my house three years, and just discovered the shower pan
has been leaking because it was installed stupidly. Anything that
could be wrong about it IS wrong. While I'm looking for the warranty
paperwork, ... what's the chance of getting the builder back to rip
out the shower and build it right? If I can prove the shower pan was
put in as ignorantly as I say it was, could it be that the warranty is
irrelevant and he has to fix it anyway?

In China, probably 30 days if your lucky... You are in China, right?

Here in Calgary the average is 5 years, but it's not an automatic thing. You
CAN get a house without the warranty.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 27, 6:49 am, Phisherman wrote:
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:44:09 -0800 (PST), wrote:
I lived in my house three years, and just discovered the shower pan
has been leaking because it was installed stupidly. Anything that
could be wrong about it IS wrong. While I'm looking for the warranty
paperwork, ... what's the chance of getting the builder back to rip
out the shower and build it right? If I can prove the shower pan was
put in as ignorantly as I say it was, could it be that the warranty is
irrelevant and he has to fix it anyway?

My house had a one year warranty. Yours may be different, or the
builder may just fix it out of good will.

Here in MN, it's dictated by state law: 2 years for everything, 10
years for major structural.

Home Warranty Purchase [email protected] Home Repair 13 November 29th 07 02:20 PM
Which is the best home warranty company ? [email protected] Home Repair 5 July 21st 06 03:27 AM
My hot water heater warranty replacement experience (rant - long) Joseph Meehan Home Repair 13 August 17th 04 03:57 AM
home appliance warranty CT Home Repair 9 April 1st 04 09:57 PM
New home warranty JTM Home Repair 13 July 21st 03 04:08 PM