Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default how long is a new home warranty?

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 19:44:09 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I lived in my house three years, and just discovered the shower pan
has been leaking because it was installed stupidly. Anything that
could be wrong about it IS wrong. While I'm looking for the warranty
paperwork, ... what's the chance of getting the builder back to rip
out the shower and build it right? If I can prove the shower pan was
put in as ignorantly as I say it was, could it be that the warranty is
irrelevant and he has to fix it anyway?

My house had a one year warranty. Yours may be different, or the
builder may just fix it out of good will.