Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which is the best home warranty company ?

Which is the best home warranty company ?

Do they only cover appliances or Air Con ?
or do they cover plumbing and other things too ?

Do they make you wait a period of time before using it ?

Thanks

Kim

Posted to alt.home.repair

you buying or selling a home?

they are only really affordable at such times. long term they cost way
too much, better to put a 100 nucks a month in a special savings for
emergencies.

more important to MAINTAIN your home, every year do some repairs. look
around at things and decide furnace is 40 years old time for a new
one.... stuff like that.

absolutely the wrong approach is leaving everything go and one day
waking up with many multiple failures.

i sold a home recently and bought the warranty for the new owner. 500
bucks covered all the appliances, utility lines furnace hot warter
tank, washer dryer stocve fridge, etc. basically everything.although
nearly all the appliances were brand new.

it was a sales feature of the home.

if your looking for appliance coverage sears had the whoile home
maintence agreements covering all appliances furnaces etc. they cost a
fortune and are a bad deal, dont know if they are still available

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...

Which is the best home warranty company ?

Do they only cover appliances or Air Con ?
or do they cover plumbing and other things too ?

Do they make you wait a period of time before using it ?

The very best one is you. Put the premium into the bank every month and you
will have what you need when things go wrong.

Every company has had an abundance of complaints. They hire the lowest cost
(and usually lowest skilled) contractors, use the cheapest materials and
brands. You have no choice but to pay extra if you want it done better.

The are doing what I suggested, putting YOUR money into THEIR account and
betting you won't need much repairs. They are in business to make a profit,
not for you to save money on repairs. At today's prices, I would have spent
over $19,000 in premiums in my 40 years of home ownership. I would have
gotten back about $2000 for appliances repaired or replaced over the years.
If you think that is a good value, buy it. I'd rather have the other 89.5%
of my money to buy what I want.