Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Which is the best home warranty company ?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Which is the best home warranty company ?

Do they only cover appliances or Air Con ?
or do they cover plumbing and other things too ?

Do they make you wait a period of time before using it ?

The very best one is you. Put the premium into the bank every month and you
will have what you need when things go wrong.

Every company has had an abundance of complaints. They hire the lowest cost
(and usually lowest skilled) contractors, use the cheapest materials and
brands. You have no choice but to pay extra if you want it done better.

The are doing what I suggested, putting YOUR money into THEIR account and
betting you won't need much repairs. They are in business to make a profit,
not for you to save money on repairs. At today's prices, I would have spent
over $19,000 in premiums in my 40 years of home ownership. I would have
gotten back about $2000 for appliances repaired or replaced over the years.
If you think that is a good value, buy it. I'd rather have the other 89.5%
of my money to buy what I want.