Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Default Beer bottles (again)

22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Dick
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Dick

I still have a bunch of bottles free for the taking.... 5 or 6 cases with
the labels removed already.

When I was cleaning bottles, I'd fill up the sanitary sink with bottles and
hot water and put in a couple scoops of oxyclean. The next morning, the
labels would either already be off or they would slide off. Sometimes the
glue residue would require a little scrubbing with a wire pad (those
scrubbie things). Oxy worked like a charm.

Seriously though, come and get a bunch of clean ones. I'll throw in a bench
capper...

Ed

ed.edelenbos gmail com

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Dick

1) Home Repair issue? : )
2) Assume you're gonna brew! Been there; loved it!
3) I assume your problem bottles have the labels attached with that nasty
gummy water proof glue.
4) What I did was scrape the bulk of the crap off with a knife so the
chemicals have less to dissolve. I use Goo Gone. I scraped 6 bottles at a
time. Then placed a piece of cloth (wash cloth works well) on the first
bottle and saturate it with Goo Gone. After a few minutes I rub the glue off
and place the cloth on the second bottle (adding no additional Goo Gone).
By about the 6th bottle the solvent is exhausted. Hard work but you only
have to do it once in the life of the bottle. BTW, I never had a problem
getting bottles donated by my beer-drinking buddies : )

Best of luck

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Have you tried heating the bottle and then peeling the label off dry.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

I have been told that some petroleum based glues will come off with floor
stripper.

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 17:46:05 +0000, Dick Adams wrote:

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in

You mean Yuengling? Hell I bought a case of their Lager and the damn
lables about fell off.

I have a friend who brews and he always soaked the lables that wouldn't
come off easily in Murphy's oil soap water overnight.

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

DonC wrote:
"Dick Adams" wrote:

22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

1) Home Repair issue? : )

When looking to remove labels, yes

2) Assume you're gonna brew! Been there; loved it!

Sitting here sipping an IPA Braggot.

3) I assume your problem bottles have the labels attached
with that nasty gummy water proof glue.

If it's a paper label, soak it long enough, peel it off,
srape what's left, and finish it with steel wool and
elbow grease.

The problem labels are laminated labels and imprinted labels.

Dick

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
Dick Adams wrote:

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in

You mean Yuengling? Hell I bought a case of their Lager
and the damn lables about fell off.

You mean labels? Get a 22 oz bottle and tell me how you
got the label off.
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

on 11/10/2007 5:20 AM Dick Adams said the following:
Meat Plow wrote:

Dick Adams wrote:

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in

You mean Yuengling? Hell I bought a case of their Lager
and the damn lables about fell off.

You mean labels?

British spelling. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DonC" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

1) Home Repair issue? : )

Of course it's a home repair issue.

DIY projects are powered by beer!

Everyone knows that.

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 11/10/2007 2:44 PM Colbyt said the following:
"DonC" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

1) Home Repair issue? : )

Of course it's a home repair issue.

DIY projects are powered by beer!

That's why most of the questions are posted here. :-)

Everyone knows that.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Dick Adams writes:
You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

To remove self-stick labels (waterproof glue), a soak of a few days in
washing soda (sodium carbonate) will loosen the labels and turn the glue
to a jelly-like substance that peels right off. Note that you need to peel
it off while it is still saturated with washing soda; do not rinse first
or the glue hardens again.

Use about 2-3 cups of Na2CO3 per small bucket of cold water. Can be reused
many times.

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:22:42 -0500, Meat Plow
wrote:

What brand of beer comes in plastic bottles? I have never seen a plastic
beer bottle.

Miller Light for one.

That's a twist-off bottle, IIRC.

If I was able to get crown cap plastic, I'd enter more competitions
(postage is a bitch).

Phil
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

on 11/11/2007 1:22 PM Meat Plow said the following:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:36:27 -0500, willshak wrote:

on 11/10/2007 11:40 PM said the following:

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:46:05 +0000 (UTC),
(Dick
Adams) wrote:

22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Dick

I dont know what this has to do with home repair, but I have a gripe
about those plastic beer bottles they use now a days. In the old days
during a barroom brawl, you'd bust a glass bottle on some guys head
and he would often stop fighting or pass out. Try that with one of
these plastic bottles and the guy will laugh at you, then knock you
unconscious. LOL

What brand of beer comes in plastic bottles? I have never seen a plastic
beer bottle.

Miller Light for one.

OK. I don't drink ****, so I wouldn't know.
I did try their new Miller Chill, but it was just an attempt at cutting
into the Corona brand with the Tiquila style lemon and salt added crowd.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Pierre Jelenc wrote:
Dick Adams writes:

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

To remove self-stick labels (waterproof glue), a soak of a few days in
washing soda (sodium carbonate) will loosen the labels and turn the glue
to a jelly-like substance that peels right off. Note that you need to peel
it off while it is still saturated with washing soda; do not rinse first
or the glue hardens again.

Use about 2-3 cups of Na2CO3 per small bucket of cold water. Can be reused
many times.

Is that like soda ash from OxyClean? Cuz that's what I use to remove labels
from bottles. I soak, peel, then scrub with a SotchBrite spounge.

--
Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Adams) wrote:

[...]

I think quite a few of the commercial brands do. They are brown and
look just like a glass bottle. We had a local rock & country music
festival last summer in a parking lot and those plastic bottles were
all over the place at the end of the night. Maybe they are "optional"
these days. That could have been a mess on that asphalt with glass,
so in that sense they are a good idea. I agree that Miller or Miller
Lite (or both) is one brand. I think they also had Busch Lite.

Actually that's where I got this idea about the barroom brawl, when I
saw a couple guys hitting each other over the head with the empty
bottles, at that festival. Of course they were just having fun, not
fighting, or they would have been made to leave by the cops who were
all over the place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:44:38 -0500, "Colbyt"
wrote:

"DonC" wrote in message

"Dick Adams" wrote in message

1) Home Repair issue? : )

Of course it's a home repair issue.

DIY projects are powered by beer!

When they lived in Denton, my parents kept beer around even though
they didn't drink it. It was for a neighbor who often did things for
us (like installing a ceiling fan).

Everyone knows that.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

DonC wrote:

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
[...]

The not so secret ingredient in Goo Gone is isopropanol (Propan-2-ol) if
you have an alternative supply. With Goo Gone they just add gelling
agent and something to stop the smell, a bit.

Peter

www.the-brights.net
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Dan Logcher writes:

Is that like soda ash from OxyClean? Cuz that's what I use to remove labels
from bottles. I soak, peel, then scrub with a SotchBrite spounge.

No idea. It's pure Na2CO3 sold as "All Natural Super Washing Soda" by Arm
& Hammer in 55 oz boxes, found in the household/laundry aisle of the
supermarket.

["Natural" sodium carbonate? They've got a strange concept of "natural"...]

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
Home Office Records www.homeofficerecords.com
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

What brand of beer comes in plastic bottles? I have never seen a plastic
beer bottle.

Cheap beers served at sports stadiums and topless bars. Bud, Bud
light, Miller, Coors, etc.

Beer in a plastic bottle is a sin against G-d and nature if you ask
me.

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

What brand of beer comes in plastic bottles? I have never seen a plastic
beer bottle.

Cheap beers served at sports stadiums and topless bars.
Bud, Budlight, Miller, Coors, etc.

Beer in a plastic bottle is a sin against G-d and nature
if you ask me.

Plastic bottles are small sins. The stuff they put in 'em
is the big sin.

Dick

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

I think I heard this done on "Morning Edition" with Roman numerals.

"Me" wrote in message
"100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer. Take one down and
pass it around - 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 96 bottles of beer on the wall.

96 bottles of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 95 bottles of beer on the wall.

95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 94 bottles of beer on the wall.

94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 93 bottles of beer on the wall.

93 bottles of beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 92 bottles of beer on the wall.

92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 91 bottles of beer on the wall.

91 bottles of beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 90 bottles of beer on the wall.

90 bottles of beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 89 bottles of beer on the wall.

89 bottles of beer on the wall, 89 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 88 bottles of beer on the wall.

88 bottles of beer on the wall, 88 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 87 bottles of beer on the wall.

87 bottles of beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 86 bottles of beer on the wall.

86 bottles of beer on the wall, 86 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 85 bottles of beer on the wall.

85 bottles of beer on the wall, 85 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 84 bottles of beer on the wall.

84 bottles of beer on the wall, 84 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 83 bottles of beer on the wall.

83 bottles of beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 82 bottles of beer on the wall.

82 bottles of beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 81 bottles of beer on the wall.

81 bottles of beer on the wall, 81 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 80 bottles of beer on the wall.

80 bottles of beer on the wall, 80 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 79 bottles of beer on the wall.

79 bottles of beer on the wall, 79 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 78 bottles of beer on the wall.

78 bottles of beer on the wall, 78 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 77 bottles of beer on the wall.

77 bottles of beer on the wall, 77 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 76 bottles of beer on the wall.

76 bottles of beer on the wall, 76 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 75 bottles of beer on the wall.

75 bottles of beer on the wall, 75 bottles of beer. Nut ichmedibeikechee
baccerda issy da - 74 bottles of beer on the wall.

74 bottles of beer on the wall, 74 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 73 bottles of beer on the wall.

73 bottles of beer on the wall, 73 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 72 bottles of beer on the wall.

72 bottles of beer on the wall, 72 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 71 bottles of beer on the wall.

71 bottles of beer on the wall, 71 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 70 bottles of beer on the wall.

70 bottles of beer on the wall, 70 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 69 bottles of beer on the wall.

69 bottles of beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 68 bottles of beer on the wall.

68 bottles of beer on the wall, 68 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 67 bottles of beer on the wall.

67 bottles of beer on the wall, 67 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 66 bottles of beer on the wall.

66 bottles of beer on the wall, 66 bottles of beer. Take one down - pass
it
around - 65 bottles of beer on the wall.

65 bottles of beer on the wall, 65 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 64 bottles of beer on the wall.

64 bottles of beer on the wall, 64 bottles of beer. 63 bottles of beer on
the wall.

63 bottles of beer on the wall, 63 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 62 bottles of beer on the wall.

62 bottles of beer on the wall, 62 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 61 bottles of beer on the wall.

61 bottles of beer on the wall, 61 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 60 bottles of beer on the wall.

60 bottles of beer on the wall, 60 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 59 bottles of beer on the wall.

59 bottles of beer on the wall, 59 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 58 bottles of beer on the wall.

58 bottles of beer on the wall, 58 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 57 bottles of beer on the wall.

57 bottles of beer on the wall, 57 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 56 bottles of beer on the wall.

56 bottles of beer on the wall, 56 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 55 bottles of beer on the wall.

55 bottles of beer on the wall, 55 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 54 bottles of beer on the wall.

54 bottles of beer on the wall, 54 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 53 bottles of beer on the wall.

53 bottles of beer on the wall, 53 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 52 bottles of beer on the wall.

52 bottles of beer on the wall, 52 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 51 bottles of beer on the wall.

51 bottles of beer on the wall, 51 bottles of beer. 50 bottles of beer on
the wall.

50 bottles of beer on the wall, 50 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 49 bottles of beer on the wall.

49 bottles of beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 48 bottles of beer on the wall.

48 bottles of beer on the wall, 48 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 47 bottles of beer on the wall.

47 bottles of beer on the wall, 47 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 46 bottles of beer on the wall.

46 bottles of beer on the wall, 46 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 45 bottles of beer on the wall.

45 bottles of beer on the wall, 45 bottles of beer. 44 bottles of beer on
the wall.

44 bottles of beer on the wall, 44 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 43 bottles of beer on the wall.

43 bottles of beer on the wall, 43 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 42 bottles of beer on the wall.

42 bottles of beer on the wall, 42 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 41 bottles of beer on the wall.

41 bottles of beer on the wall, 41 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 40 bottles of beer on the wall.

40 bottles of beer on the wall, 40 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 39 bottles of beer on the wall.

39 bottles of beer on the wall, 39 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 38 bottles of beer on the wall.

38 bottles of beer on the wall, 38 bottles of beer. Are you still here?? -
37 bottles of beer on the wall.

37 bottles of beer on the wall, 37 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 36 bottles of beer on the wall.

36 bottles of beer on the wall, 36 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 35 bottles of beer on the wall.

35 bottles of beer on the wall, 35 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 34 bottles of beer on the wall.

34 bottles of beer on the wall, 34 bottles of beer. 33 bottles of beer on
the wall.

33 bottles of beer on the wall, 33 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 32 bottles of beer on the wall.

32 bottles of beer on the wall, 32 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 31 bottles of beer on the wall.

31 bottles of beer on the wall, 31 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 30 bottles of beer on the wall.

30 bottles of beer on the wall, 30 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 29 bottles of beer on the wall.

29 bottles of beer on the wall, 29 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 28 bottles of beer on the wall.

28 bottles of beer on the wall, 28 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 27 bottles of beer on the wall.

27 bottles of beer on the wall, 27 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 26 bottles of beer on the wall.

26 bottles of beer on the wall, 26 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 25 bottles of beer on the wall.

25 bottles of beer on the wall, 25 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 24 bottles of beer on the wall.

24 bottles of beer on the wall, 24 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 23 bottles of beer on the wall.

23 bottles of beer on the wall, 23 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 22 bottles of beer on the wall.

22 bottles of beer on the wall, 22 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 21 bottles of beer on the wall.

21 bottles of beer on the wall, 21 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 20 bottles of beer on the wall.

20 bottles of beer on the wall, 20 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 19 bottles of beer on the wall.

19 bottles of beer on the wall, 19 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it around - 18 bottles of beer on the wall.

18 bottles of beer on the wall, 18 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 17 bottles of beer on the wall.

17 bottles of beer on the wall, 17 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 16 bottles of beer on the wall.

16 bottles of beer on the wall, 16 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 15 bottles of beer on the wall.

15 bottles of beer on the wall, 15 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 14 bottles of beer on the wall.

14 bottles of beer on the wall, 14 bottles of beer. 13 bottles of beer on
the wall.

13 bottles of beer on the wall, 13 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 12 bottles of beer on the wall.

12 bottles of beer on the wall, 12 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 11 bottles of beer on the wall.

11 bottles of beer on the wall, 11 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 10 bottles of beer on the wall.

10 bottles of beer on the wall, 10 bottles of beer. If one of those
bottles
should happen to fall - 9 bottles of beer on the wall.

9 bottles of beer on the wall, 9 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles
should happen to fall - 8 bottles of beer on the wall.

8 bottles of beer on the wall, 8 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it
around - 7 bottles of beer on the wall.

7 bottles of beer on the wall, 7 bottles of beer. Take one down and pass
it
around - 6 bottles of beer on the wall.

6 bottles of beer on the wall, 6 bottles of beer. Move along - There's
nothing to see here - 5 bottles of beer on the wall.

5 bottles of beer on the wall, 5 bottles of beer. If one of those bottles
should happen to fall - 4 bottles of beer on the wall.

4 bottles of beer on the wall, 4 bottles of beer! 3 bottles of beer on the
wall.

3 bottles of beer on the wall, 3 bottles of beer!! If one of those bottles
should happen to fall - 2 bottles of beer on the wall.

2 bottles of beer on the wall, 2 bottles of beer!!! Take one down and pass
it around - 1 bottle of beer on the wall.

1 bottle of beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer!!!! Take it down and pass
it
around - NO MORE bottles of beer on the wall!!"

Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair
T. T. is offline

live 1/2 a mile from either Yuengling brewery,,,get the Premium returnables
cheap...4 hour soak with One-Step loosens the labels quite well.
I bet an ammonia sol'n would work more quickly.
Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair

Years ago, when all bottles were returnable, the brewery used labels
that they could easily wash off when they reused the bottle. Now, when
the bottles are no longer, for the most part, reused, they are more
concerned that their label will stay on if the bottle gets wet before
being sold.

My experience is that a paper label is easily removed by soaking the
bottle, perhaps for as long as a day. However, some producers now use a
foil or plasticized paper label, and those cannot be easily soaked off,
as the water can't get through the label to the glue. The only way I
have succeeded with such bottles is by lacerating the label enough that
the water can reach the glue; sometimes you even have to take a razor
blade to the label to do this. I don't have much current experience, as
I amassed an impressive collection of bottles some years ago, and now
devote my time to refilling and reemptying them.

Pill Bottles ? Home Repair 11 June 23rd 07 03:50 PM
gas bottles Cuprager UK diy 8 August 3rd 06 08:49 AM
antique bottles Jane K. Home Repair 6 June 15th 06 11:28 PM
Gas bottles. Chris Bacon UK diy 14 November 16th 05 09:54 PM
glue bottles [email protected] Woodworking 23 November 9th 05 05:09 PM