Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair
Dan Logcher Dan Logcher is offline

Default Beer bottles (again)

Pierre Jelenc wrote:
Dick Adams writes:

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

To remove self-stick labels (waterproof glue), a soak of a few days in
washing soda (sodium carbonate) will loosen the labels and turn the glue
to a jelly-like substance that peels right off. Note that you need to peel
it off while it is still saturated with washing soda; do not rinse first
or the glue hardens again.

Use about 2-3 cups of Na2CO3 per small bucket of cold water. Can be reused
many times.

Is that like soda ash from OxyClean? Cuz that's what I use to remove labels
from bottles. I soak, peel, then scrub with a SotchBrite spounge.

--
Dan