Chris Bacon

Default Gas bottles.

Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chris Bacon wrote:
Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?

3.9K yes, big bottle nah.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Chris Bacon wrote:
Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?

Yep,

Retreive them than tell Calor where they can come and collect them.

Holly, in France

Chris Bacon wrote:
Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?

Yes, you could make a diy sandblasting pot. With which you wouldn't want
to sandblast timber of course :-) Also, our local fire-extinguisher
salesman told me recently that we could re-use an old extinguisher to
hold compressed air, ready at all times to inflate wheels etc. Suppose
you could do the same with a gas bottle if you were so inclined, had the
right fittings etc.....

--
Holly, in France
Holiday Home in Dordogne

Mike Harrison

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:00:27 +0000, Chris Bacon wrote:

Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?

Pity you've missed Halloween....

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...160/jacko.html
Andy Dingley

On 11 Nov 2005 12:38:39 GMT, "zaax"
wrote:

Make sure they are not being used. BT sometimes leave them in the hedge
to charge the phone system

Yep, I'd always wondered how they powered the phone system!

Andy Dingley

wrote:

Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?

Do you want to tidy the hedge up?

They're of no commercial value to you. If they're Calor bottles, Calor
_may_ give Childline a fiver for them if you take them back. You'll
never get a "deposit" back on propane.

If you want to buy some, they're a couple of quid each at my local dump
- any size, often half-full.

The3rd Earl Of Derby

Andy Dingley wrote:
[snip]

If you want to buy some, they're a couple of quid each at my local
dump - any size, often half-full.

And this why Calor/filling stations charge a deposit because they're ending
up in a scrap metal yard.

p.s he's got one for free why would he want to pay for one?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Dave Liquorice

On 11 Nov 2005 12:38:39 GMT, zaax wrote:

Make sure they are not being used. BT sometimes leave them in the
hedge to charge the phone system

Why would BT be using propane "to charge the phone system". Dry
nitrogen yes but propane?

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Dave

wrote:

Make sure they are not being used. BT sometimes leave them in the hedge
to charge the phone system

Yep, I'd always wondered how they powered the phone system!

Gas, phone? They fit together quite well :-)

I'll get my coat.

Dave
Roger

The message
from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

If you want to buy some, they're a couple of quid each at my local
dump - any size, often half-full.

And this why Calor/filling stations charge a deposit because they're ending
up in a scrap metal yard.

ISTM that you have that the wrong way round. Calor gas bottles got
dumped because Calor agents would only give a refund if the original
invoice showing the amount of the original deposit was produced.

--
Roger Chapman
Dave Fawthrop

wrote:

| Spotted in the hedge, some orange propane bottles, 1x3.9KG,
| 1x13KG, 1 bigger, with taps and plugs - worth retrieving?

If you *need* them personally Yes, otherwise No.
--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk