Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Beer bottles (again)

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Dick

I still have a bunch of bottles free for the taking.... 5 or 6 cases with
the labels removed already.

When I was cleaning bottles, I'd fill up the sanitary sink with bottles and
hot water and put in a couple scoops of oxyclean. The next morning, the
labels would either already be off or they would slide off. Sometimes the
glue residue would require a little scrubbing with a wire pad (those
scrubbie things). Oxy worked like a charm.

Seriously though, come and get a bunch of clean ones. I'll throw in a bench
capper...

Ed

ed.edelenbos gmail com