Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pill Bottles ?

We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj
Posted to alt.home.repair

Girl Scout trick for them.
Place the bottles with out the caps on a piece of foil on a low baking
sheet.
Sprinkle colored stones or glass beads among the upright bottles. Bake on
300 for about 20 minutes, watching carefully. WITH the windows open.
They can be used under plants on tables to protect the surfaces.

--
Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate and Starbucks!!
BetsyB

"RJ" wrote in message
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RJ" wrote in message
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

Give them to a gardener, for saving seeds collected from plants. If we try
and buy empty containers at the pharmacy, we get questioned like we were
planning an attack on the White House.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:45:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"RJ" wrote in message
.. .
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

Give them to a gardener, for saving seeds collected from plants. If we try
and buy empty containers at the pharmacy, we get questioned like we were
planning an attack on the White House.

If you're having trouble GETTING pill bottles, try
american science and surplus (sciplus.com)

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Goedjn" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:45:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"RJ" wrote in message
. ..
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

Give them to a gardener, for saving seeds collected from plants. If we try
and buy empty containers at the pharmacy, we get questioned like we were
planning an attack on the White House.

If you're having trouble GETTING pill bottles, try
american science and surplus (sciplus.com)

I don't need them that often. Ya know - late October and I find some seeds
on a few plants and I need like 4 containers.

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Any ideas ?

rj

Give them to a gardener, for saving seeds collected from plants. If
we try and buy empty containers at the pharmacy, we get questioned
like we were planning an attack on the White House.

If you're having trouble GETTING pill bottles, try
american science and surplus (sciplus.com)

I don't need them that often. Ya know - late October and I find some
seeds on a few plants and I need like 4 containers.

I used to hang around the grocery store waiting for a woman to buy baby
food. Then I'd follow her home with a view toward collecting the empty baby
food jars.

After being jailed three times, I abandoned that plan.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Any ideas ?

rj

Give them to a gardener, for saving seeds collected from plants. If
we try and buy empty containers at the pharmacy, we get questioned
like we were planning an attack on the White House.

If you're having trouble GETTING pill bottles, try
american science and surplus (sciplus.com)

I don't need them that often. Ya know - late October and I find some
seeds on a few plants and I need like 4 containers.

I used to hang around the grocery store waiting for a woman to buy baby
food. Then I'd follow her home with a view toward collecting the empty
baby food jars.

After being jailed three times, I abandoned that plan.

Speaking of jail- if you recycle scrip pill bottles, especially to someone
else, be sure to soak the labels off, or at least obliterate them with a
permanent marker, along with washing the container with soap. If you are
carrying a controlled-substance scrip bottle, even an empty one, and you
happen to **** off a cop, such things are used to come up with probable
cause to hold you and/or search your abode. Stupid, I know, but that is the
world we live in now. I'd recommend 35mm film canisters, instead. Most
places that take incoming film in person will give them away for the asking.
I have gallons of them in a box somewhere here, from back when I still used
film on a regular basis.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:41:16 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

I used to use tube boxes to hold the screws I took out of tv, until it
was reassembled. I still do when I remember, but your bottles might
work for that too. Still, if you needed something like that, you would
notice without me.

I have 4 big boxes of empty bottles and other containers. It's
getting ridiculous.

But it is great to have just what I need when I need something.

2 examples:
I took the toner out of a printer I was throwing away, and the
cartridge replacment instructions for laser printers say "no sunlight.
Only modest electric light." But I have dark brown plastic containers
from Hershey's cocoa, with dark brown plastic lids. The perfect
container.

Painted my car and got 5 oz. spare paint. Had the almost perfect
glass bottle from some specialy popcorn, plus a plastic bottle from
Carnation Malted Milk to put the glass bottle in (with foam rubber
padding) so I won't break it in the next few years.

I have a working laser printer for which another toner cartridge would
cost 135 dollars!. I'm hoping I can find toner in a broken printer
that looks like the toner this one uses. I have another working laser
printer except the fuser (a heating bar) is broken. Hoping to find a
fuser in some other printer, or a surplus store. And I'm back to
using the BJ-200 that I bought more than 10 years ago** , along with a
BJC-2000 for the rare times I want to print color.

**works fine, although I had to replace the little black 0-ring that
moves the paper out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

you probly need the large spice conrtainers for:
jig saw bits
extra screw driver bits
broken drill bits
drill bits that need sharpening
masonary drill bits

and a small (pill) bottle for:
extra 1/16" drill bits, the only ones not in the main can of extras

and a really big one for:
hex keys

"RJ" wrote in message
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

Posted to alt.home.repair

whoops, 1st time in this group, so gimme a break, I didn't check the date

"RJ" wrote in message
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RJ" wrote in message
We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

The one's I accumulate hold exactly $10 US in quarters.

Cheap pill & Merry Christmas top sites merryjay Home Repair 0 December 6th 06 04:30 PM
gas bottles Cuprager UK diy 8 August 3rd 06 08:49 AM
antique bottles Jane K. Home Repair 6 June 15th 06 11:28 PM
Gas bottles. Chris Bacon UK diy 14 November 16th 05 09:54 PM
glue bottles [email protected] Woodworking 23 November 9th 05 05:09 PM