Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Pill Bottles ?

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:41:16 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

We end up with 4 6 empty prescription pill bottles every month.

They're about 1" diameter, 3" high.

I'm getting quite the drawer-ful
while tring to figure out a use for them....

Any ideas ?

rj

I used to use tube boxes to hold the screws I took out of tv, until it
was reassembled. I still do when I remember, but your bottles might
work for that too. Still, if you needed something like that, you would
notice without me.

I have 4 big boxes of empty bottles and other containers. It's
getting ridiculous.

But it is great to have just what I need when I need something.

2 examples:
I took the toner out of a printer I was throwing away, and the
cartridge replacment instructions for laser printers say "no sunlight.
Only modest electric light." But I have dark brown plastic containers
from Hershey's cocoa, with dark brown plastic lids. The perfect
container.

Painted my car and got 5 oz. spare paint. Had the almost perfect
glass bottle from some specialy popcorn, plus a plastic bottle from
Carnation Malted Milk to put the glass bottle in (with foam rubber
padding) so I won't break it in the next few years.

I have a working laser printer for which another toner cartridge would
cost 135 dollars!. I'm hoping I can find toner in a broken printer
that looks like the toner this one uses. I have another working laser
printer except the fuser (a heating bar) is broken. Hoping to find a
fuser in some other printer, or a surplus store. And I'm back to
using the BJ-200 that I bought more than 10 years ago** , along with a
BJC-2000 for the rare times I want to print color.

**works fine, although I had to replace the little black 0-ring that
moves the paper out.