Posted to rec.crafts.brewing,alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Beer bottles (again)

on 11/11/2007 1:22 PM Meat Plow said the following:
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 08:36:27 -0500, willshak wrote:

on 11/10/2007 11:40 PM said the following:

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:46:05 +0000 (UTC),
(Dick
Adams) wrote:

22 fl oz bottles cost me 95 cents a piece (case price).
12 fl oz bottles cost me 55 cents a piece (case price).

To me that means buy a 6-pack of 12 oz bottles and figure
you're paying $3.10 for the bottles. Makes it easier to
sell to my childbride.

Yes it is rather simple to take labels off of bottles.
At least most of them. Unfortunately some breweries,
e.g., Stone Brewing in Kal-e-forn-ya and Yingling in
Pencil-vane-e-a, use labels I have yet to be able to
remove.

You need to see one of these bottles up close to
understand the problem. Has anyone found a way to
remove these labels?

Dick

I dont know what this has to do with home repair, but I have a gripe
about those plastic beer bottles they use now a days. In the old days
during a barroom brawl, you'd bust a glass bottle on some guys head
and he would often stop fighting or pass out. Try that with one of
these plastic bottles and the guy will laugh at you, then knock you
unconscious. LOL

What brand of beer comes in plastic bottles? I have never seen a plastic
beer bottle.

Miller Light for one.

OK. I don't drink ****, so I wouldn't know.
I did try their new Miller Chill, but it was just an attempt at cutting
into the Corona brand with the Tiquila style lemon and salt added crowd.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY