Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Campbell Hausfield Air Nailer Combo at Costco?

It consists of an 18 gage brad nailer, 15 gage angle finish nailer
and round head framing nailer. Price: $169.99.

Anyone bought one or know of anyone who has? I have a Campbell
Hausfield air impact wrench that has given excellent service, but now
experitnce with their nailers. My current finish nailer is a Harbor
Freight job that turned out to be a throw-away piece of crap. I'd
like to avoid that experience again., but don't want to pay $200-$300
for a framing nailer for just occaisional homeowners use.

Thanks,
Art Coe

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
My current finish nailer is a Harbor
Freight job that turned out to be a throw-away piece of crap. I'd
like to avoid that experience again., but don't want to pay $200-$300
for a framing nailer for just occaisional homeowners use.

Many years ago I was told "you get what you pay for". Seems to have held
up to be true. If your use and expectations are not overly high, they will
work OK for you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 9, 1:26 am, wrote:
It consists of an 18 gage brad nailer, 15 gage angle finish nailer
and round head framing nailer. Price: $169.99.

Anyone bought one or know of anyone who has? I have a Campbell
Hausfield air impact wrench that has given excellent service, but now
experitnce with their nailers. My current finish nailer is a Harbor
Freight job that turned out to be a throw-away piece of crap. I'd
like to avoid that experience again., but don't want to pay $200-$300
for a framing nailer for just occaisional homeowners use.

In my experience, Costco doesn't sell crap. They have some low end
stuff, but it's not the lowest end, and it's of reasonable quality. A
pro would be nuts to buy his tools there as they're not made for day
in and day out abuse - the stuff they sell is usually more of the
weekend warrior variety with a few upgrades here and there.

Check out epinions.com - maybe there are some reviews of that nailer
set.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
It consists of an 18 gage brad nailer, 15 gage angle finish nailer
and round head framing nailer. Price: $169.99.

Anyone bought one or know of anyone who has? I have a Campbell
Hausfield air impact wrench that has given excellent service, but now
experitnce with their nailers. My current finish nailer is a Harbor
Freight job that turned out to be a throw-away piece of crap. I'd
like to avoid that experience again., but don't want to pay $200-$300
for a framing nailer for just occaisional homeowners use.

Thanks,
Art Coe

CH sells junk. I have no personal experience with them but have heard
enough bad things about them to be convinced to stay away. They are priced
the way they are for a reason.. I have a Bostitch 15Ga finish nailer,
Bostitch framing and roofing nailer. They are excellent nailguns for the
money.

Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

On Nov 8, 10:26 pm, wrote:
It consists of an 18 gage brad nailer, 15 gage angle finish nailer
and round head framing nailer. Price: $169.99.

Anyone bought one or know of anyone who has? I have a Campbell
Hausfield air impact wrench that has given excellent service, but now
experitnce with their nailers. My current finish nailer is a Harbor
Freight job that turned out to be a throw-away piece of crap. I'd
like to avoid that experience again., but don't want to pay $200-$300
for a framing nailer for just occaisional homeowners use.

Thanks,
Art Coe

I have one. It freezed up once when using it at low load, i.e. blowing
air. Had to shut it off a few minutes to get it working agian. Other
than than it works fine, The most I used it for is to do all the trim
in a couple rooms and it worked flawlessly. Because of the freezing
up, and especially if you were a heavy user, I'd pay more and get the
compreble Porter Cable, but then again Costco did offer to replace it,
just didn't do it because I couldn't get it to freeze again. Hard to
complain about a $160 compressor that has that good of a guarantee.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Nov 9, 12:26 am, wrote:

skip

but don't want to pay $200-$300
for a framing nailer for just occaisional homeowners use.

Then don't obsess about it, just use a hammer. Later in life, all of
us will find using a hammer in framing siuations no longer yields
acceptable results, so something like a Senco nailer will bring back
the pleasure of a good job. However, buyng an el cheapo to use on, for
example, treated yellow pine is really a waste of money. A good
framing nailer is a brute of a tool, has to be if you need to drive 3
1/2" sinkers. Of course since you will be using your hammer a lot,
just set the nails flush after the pathetic CH gets them somewhat into
the wood.
Nailers tend to be like computer printers...the supplies are what the
makers really profit from. For just my Senco framer alone, I keep 8 or
9 boxes of various nails, different lengths, plain, ring shank,
stainless, etc. At $40-60 a pop the tool cost isn't that much of a
factor. Of course, each box is a pretty hefty size, many hundreds of
clips. Even the brad nailers need different lengths for each project,
1" to 2 1/2".
Before committing the budget, though, do some research on cordless
impact drivers, particularly the Li ion Makita's. Those light weight
little meanies will drive a 3" Philips head screw through a 2 x 4 and
sink it down into the substrate better than any nailer. Still kind of
pricey, though, even on eBay they're going for better than $200.
HTH

Joe