Posted to alt.home.repair

Default used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor!

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Posted to alt.home.repair

mosbysmom wrote:
Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Not ruined, just messy.
Clean up and run the washer until it is back to normal.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:36:40 +0000, mosbysmom wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

The perfect job for your teen to do. Opportunity to spend quality time
together.

If you can, flush out washer with cold water. Might suds less.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:36:40 GMT, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

The dishwasher is not ruined. Your teenager's future IS ruined. Your
teenager obviously has a form of mental retardation.
First, clean out your dishwasher by hand and remove all the water.
Rinse it, and it will be fine to use. Second, send your teenager to a
psychiatric ward for further evaluation and treatment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:36:40 GMT, mosbysmom u37944@uwe wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

No, just a big ****ing mess.

Put the cycle on wash and let the bottom of the dishwasher fill with water,
but stop it before it tries to wash the dishes. Then do a 'cancel cycle',
or put it to the very end of the rinse cycle, to empty out the water.

Repeat until all the dishsoap is gone.

And enjoy your nice clean floor when you're done mopping it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 9:36 am, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:
Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Thats how I used to get out of doing the laundry chore, the first time
you bleach the wifes slacks you'll never have to do laundry again.
Just feign incompetence.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mosbysmom wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Deja vu all over again.

SWMBO did exactly that and started the dishwasher just as we were
getting ready to run from our apartment to Fenway Park for the 6th game
of the 1975 Red Sox-Cincinatti World Series. We saw the bubbles start to
pour out, shut the machine off and left.

That was the game the Sox won with Carlton Fiske's 12th inning home run
that bounced fair off the left field foul pole.

Funny how some of us will connect and remember disparate events like that.

By the time we got back from that game the bubbles had all died out and
swabbing out the dishwasher got things back to normal pretty quickly.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:36:40 GMT, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

When I first moved in here, I had no dishwasher soap, so I used Tide
or some clothes washing soap. Then I went out for a while and when I
got home there were suds over much of the kitchen floor. It was like
an I Love Lucy episode.

Since it had completed the cycle, all or almost all of the soap was
gone, washed away during the rinse cycle. So I didn't do anything.
After all it's just soap. Any little bit that might be left in the
dishwasher will help to wash the dishes the next time.

I guess I wiped up the bubbles on the floor, but there is very little
water in a bubble.

If yours completed the cycle, almost all or all of the soap is gone
already. I wouldn't do anything.

Real soap makes suds by its very nature. What I've been calling soap
is probably a non-soap detergent. Most detergents don't make any suds
by their nature, but they didn't sell well -- people wanted to see
suds and they use the amount of suds as a measure of whether they have
added the right amount of detergent -- so the manufacturers put in
something to cause suds in clothes and sink-dishwashing detergent.
I'm sure they didn't put it in dishwasher detergent. So there is no
relationship between the amount of suds and the amount of dishwasher
detergent. So there is no reason to think that the dishwasher was
given more detergent than it is designed for, or that the detergent
has not been used and used up during the cycle. The only thing
different is that there were suds. Maybe the suds interfered with the
water spray inside the dishwasher, but I doubt it and in my case, all
the dishes were clean and that's all that matters.

So there was no need to do anything. Probably the same for you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:36:40 GMT, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn
dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

I'm told that vinegar will knock down the suds. I'd consider dumping in a
1/2 cup of cooking oil also to help break it down.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Oct 3, 10:36 am, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:
Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Rinsing the dish wasther will fix it as mentioned by many other
posters.

Soap will cause bubbles. Dishwasher detergent, and the HE detergent
for those minimal use washing machines have sud supressent in their
mixture. This stops the foam from forming.

We used normal clothes detergent in out new HE machine for about a
month or so before realizing that all the suds problems we were having
was because of using the incorrect type of soap powder.

Best, Mike.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 14:36:40 GMT, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Make your teenager clean up the mess. Run the washer with a cup a
vinegar in it, hopefully it won't suds up but have a stack of towels
and a mop bucket handy. Have the teen watch it through the entire
cycle.
Posted to alt.home.repair

bet you wont do that again ;-)

seen it many times , folks run out of reg dishawasher detergent
and use dish soap ,

clean up the mess , go buy cascade or similar
your machine is not ruined ,

now go and sin no more

"mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:
Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn

dishwashing@soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.rWhat
should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Posted to alt.home.repair

mosbysmom wrote:
Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Your dilemma brings back fond memories ) First job, live-in nanny,
first dishwasher I had ever set eyes on ... dish soap logically goes in
dishwasher to wash dishes. Mountains of suds produced, mopping up with
every bath towel in the rather large home. (They had a lot of towels -
didn't have to do a load of laundry to find a clean one.) Fortunately,
I did this early in the day and had it all cleaned up when the princess
arrived home.

I wasn't fired .. I lasted another week until junior, 2 y/o, decided to
play with the contents of his diaper whilst in his crib. S'posed to be
napping. 13 y/o sister found the mess first and had a fit. I would not
have been particularly excited, as my tolerance to nasty stuff is
apparently quite high. The princess let me go that day, no regrets for
me. I moved on to a job as live-in babysitter - several levels below
the status of nanny. Slept in hot attic, neither adult in home was an
attorney or movie star.

I have a dishwasher now, but rarely use it. It is not a labor-saving
device, IMO. I do a better job with Dawn and air-drying )
Posted to alt.home.repair
Lee Lee is offline

You want suds? Years ago my father bought my mom one of those jet things
that are submerged in the bathtub. My mom, ever the lover of a good
bubble bath, poured in her regular amt of stuff and turned the gizmo on.
The suds literally flowed out under the bathroom door and into the hall...

Your dilemma brings back fond memories ) First job, live-in nanny,
first dishwasher I had ever set eyes on ... dish soap logically goes in
dishwasher to wash dishes. Mountains of suds produced, mopping up with
every bath towel in the rather large home. (They had a lot of towels -
didn't have to do a load of laundry to find a clean one.) Fortunately,
I did this early in the day and had it all cleaned up when the princess
arrived home.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 4 Oct, 16:37, Lee wrote:
You want suds? Years ago my father bought my mom one of those jet things
that are submerged in the bathtub. My mom, ever the lover of a good
bubble bath, poured in her regular amt of stuff and turned the gizmo on.
The suds literally flowed out under the bathroom door and into the hall...

Your dilemma brings back fond memories ) First job, live-in nanny,
first dishwasher I had ever set eyes on ... dish soap logically goes in
dishwasher to wash dishes. Mountains of suds produced, mopping up with
every bath towel in the rather large home. (They had a lot of towels -
didn't have to do a load of laundry to find a clean one.) Fortunately,
I did this early in the day and had it all cleaned up when the princess
arrived home.- Hide quoted text -

-- You want suds? Years ago my father bought my mom one of those jet
things
-- that are submerged in the bathtub. My mom, ever the lover of a good
-- bubble bath, poured in her regular amt of stuff and turned the
gizmo on.
-- The suds literally flowed out under the bathroom door and into the
hall...

You want suds?

Many years ago, my 14 YO son won a competition that earned him a
week's stay in a hotel with a couple of other teenagers. They grabbed
some type of soap from the housekeeping cart and put it in the
jacuzzi. The pictures of their trip showed the bubbles touching the
ceiling.