Posted to alt.home.repair
hobbes hobbes is offline

Default used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor!

On Oct 3, 10:36 am, "mosbysmom" u37944@uwe wrote:
Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Rinsing the dish wasther will fix it as mentioned by many other
posters.

Soap will cause bubbles. Dishwasher detergent, and the HE detergent
for those minimal use washing machines have sud supressent in their
mixture. This stops the foam from forming.

We used normal clothes detergent in out new HE machine for about a
month or so before realizing that all the suds problems we were having
was because of using the incorrect type of soap powder.

Best, Mike.