Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; now it's sudsing all overthe floor!

mosbysmom wrote:

Used liquid dish soap in dishwasher; my teenager put liquid dawn dishwashing
soap in my dishwasher; now it's sudsing all over the floor.
What should I do to clean it out? Is the dishwasher ruined??

Deja vu all over again.

SWMBO did exactly that and started the dishwasher just as we were
getting ready to run from our apartment to Fenway Park for the 6th game
of the 1975 Red Sox-Cincinatti World Series. We saw the bubbles start to
pour out, shut the machine off and left.

That was the game the Sox won with Carlton Fiske's 12th inning home run
that bounced fair off the left field foul pole.

Funny how some of us will connect and remember disparate events like that.

By the time we got back from that game the bubbles had all died out and
swabbing out the dishwasher got things back to normal pretty quickly.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)