Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C problems

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 10, 11:28 am, "JohnnyC" wrote:
Bad thermostat ??

"willshak" wrote in message

on 8/10/2007 11:48 AM said the following:
I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Thanks

Is the thermostat located where the cool air can reach it?
Do you have a TV, or other heat producing item under, or close to, the
thermostat?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

If the thermostat doesn't go down with the room temp, then something
is wrong with the thermostat. If it's electronic, try removing the
batteries for an hour, make sure the batteries are good, and then
retry. Some also have a reset button accessible from the back, etc.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"willshak" wrote in message

on 8/10/2007 11:48 AM said the following:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Thanks

Is the thermostat located where the cool air can reach it?
Do you have a TV, or other heat producing item under, or close to, the
thermostat?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
To email, remove the double zeroes after @- Hide quoted text -

If the thermostat doesn't go down with the room temp, then something
is wrong with the thermostat.

Not always. I have a thermostat that is mounted on the wall in my family
room. The family room is heat zoned with the laundry room and 1/2 bath.
In the winter, if I set the thermostat to 72º F and the room is 68º or
so, the heat will not come on in that zone. Why? Because directly under
the thermostat is the basement installed furnace in a utility room, and
the ambient heat from the furnace rises up the wall behind the
thermostat, warming the thermostat and getting its heat reading from the
wall rather than the air in the room. I have to allow for this by
raising the thermostat to a higher reading to warm the zone. The same
would happen if you were to turn on a TV under the thermostat,
especially the new Plasma TVs, or an incandescent or halogen table lamp,
and you don't mount thermostats over baseboard heat sources.

If it's electronic, try removing the
batteries for an hour, make sure the batteries are good, and then
retry. Some also have a reset button accessible from the back, etc.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:38:48 -0400, Meat Plow
wrote:

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:48:09 -0700, shannonjafolis wrote:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Did it ever work correctly?

YOu took the words out of my mouth (or made duplicate words).

Also, OP, do you mean that the room gets colder than you want it, than
you feel you set it for?

Can you turn the temperature setting up
manually and shut the AC off? If the answer is yes to both then you may
need a new thermostat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Does the room actually get colder? Does the room get too cold?

Do you have central AC built into a furnace, or is the entire AC
in the window, or in a wall?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
: I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on
it will
: come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go
down
: causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem
is????
:
: Thanks
:

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:48:09 -0700, shannonjafolis wrote:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Did it ever work correctly? Can you turn the temperature setting up
manually and shut the AC off? If the answer is yes to both then you may
need a new thermostat.

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions are
"yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant running.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem is????

Thanks

Check back in a week or so, as I just sent my crystal ball in for
calibration.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 22:45:42 -0500, kjpro wrote:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:48:09 -0700, shannonjafolis wrote:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it

will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem

is????

Did it ever work correctly? Can you turn the temperature setting up
manually and shut the AC off? If the answer is yes to both then you may
need a new thermostat.

Bull****[SLAP]

Yes your reply was bull**** that why it wasn't worth quoting.

So you like posting inaccurate information...

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:48:09 -0700, shannonjafolis wrote:

I am having a problem with A/C unit at home. WHen I cut it on it

will
come on and cool the house, but the thermostat temp does not go

down
causing the unit to run contstanly. Any ideas what the problem

is????

Did it ever work correctly? Can you turn the temperature setting up
manually and shut the AC off? If the answer is yes to both then you

may
need a new thermostat.

Bull****[SLAP]

Yes your reply was bull**** that why it wasn't worth quoting.

So[SLAP]

See how that works? More bull**** spews from you, I backhand you square in
the mouth and it never makes it to mine and others screens. Pretty
effective huh?

Yeah, if you're to ignorant to read the previous post.

What a clueless twit you must be...

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
snip
What a clueless twit you must be...

pot ... kettle ... black

Posted to alt.home.repair

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions are
"yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

This is a serious group, dedicated to help and instruction.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"CJT" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
snip
What a clueless twit you must be...

pot ... kettle ... black

So you like reading bull**** posts that are inaccurate?

Nice...

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

Man, you're really clever... NOT!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"HeyBub" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions are
"yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

This is a serious group, dedicated to help and instruction.

Then you should take pride in making sure the posts are accurate!

Posted to alt.home.repair

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions
are "yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

Oh, I like the facts - it's just the profanity and anger that causes one to
be skepical of the "facts." Still, today IS Sunday. I intend to say a prayer
on your behalf.

This is a serious group, dedicated to help and instruction.

Then you should take pride in making sure the posts are accurate!

Ah, I see the problem: you equate accuracy with obscenity and I don't.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"HeyBub" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions
are "yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

Oh, I like the facts - it's just the profanity and anger that causes one

be skepical

Anyone that's not skeptical of a Usenet post needs to bash their head with a
rock!
That is unless they know the posters history.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
snip

What a clueless twit you must be...

pot ... kettle ... black

So you like reading bull**** posts that are inaccurate?

Nice...

That's a false choice.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions
are "yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

Oh, I like the facts - it's just the profanity and anger that causes one

be skepical

Anyone that's not skeptical of a Usenet post needs to bash their head with a
rock!
That is unless they know the posters history.

We know YOUR history.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I assume you are talking about kjpro. I finally had to kill file
him. I've not ever seen him answer a single question, and just
kibitz and naysay any advice that anyone else offers. I have
respect for knowledgeable tradesman who can give good advice, tell
someone when they are getting in over their head, can guide people
in simple diagnosis issues so they can understand a technician
when he does come. I doubt that arguing with kjpro will be much
different than wrestling with a pig in the mud, sooner or later
you figure out the pig kinda likes it.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:53:42 +0000, CJT wrote:

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both
questions
are "yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the
constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

Oh, I like the facts - it's just the profanity and anger that
causes one

be skepical

Anyone that's not skeptical of a Usenet post needs to bash
their head with a
rock!
That is unless they know the posters history.

We know YOUR history.

Yeh all straw man arguments, sometimes lasting for weeks and
morphing into
several different topics. Basically posts in AHR just to argue.
Granted
I'm by no means an angel but I behave myself in AHR and other
tech/sci
groups.

Posted to alt.home.repair

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

Oh, I like the facts - it's just the profanity and anger that causes
one to be skepical

Anyone that's not skeptical of a Usenet post needs to bash their head
with a rock!
That is unless they know the posters history.

Good point!

"Skeptical" was a poor choice of words.

"Repulsed" is probably a more fitting term.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"CJT" wrote in message
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"CJT" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:
snip

What a clueless twit you must be...

pot ... kettle ... black

So you like reading bull**** posts that are inaccurate?

Nice...

That's a false choice.

"false choice"

It was a question... with a comment... Duh!

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message

kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Bull****, there are many cases where the answers to both questions
are "yes", but the thermostat would not be the cause of the constant
running.

Please take your profanity and insults back to alt.havc.

Shut the **** up, asshole.
I posted facts and if you don't like that... tough ****!!!

Oh, I like the facts - it's just the profanity and anger that causes

one

be skepical

Anyone that's not skeptical of a Usenet post needs to bash their head

with a
rock!
That is unless they know the posters history.

We know YOUR history.

What's your point?

Yeh all straw man arguments, sometimes lasting for weeks and morphing into
several different topics. Basically posts in AHR just to argue.

Nope, just pointing out your inaccurate posts.

Granted
I'm by no means an angel but I behave myself in AHR and other tech/sci
groups.

So... who cares?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default A/C problems - Meat Plow is a useless TROLL

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 23:50:40 -0500, kjpro:

snip

We know YOUR history.

What's[SLAP]

Someone trying to say something?

You wouldn't be able to comprehend it anyway.

Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

"DanG" wrote in message
I assume you are talking about kjpro. I finally had to kill file
him. I've not ever seen him answer a single question, and just
kibitz and naysay any advice that anyone else offers. I have
respect for knowledgeable tradesman who can give good advice, tell
someone when they are getting in over their head, can guide people
in simple diagnosis issues so they can understand a technician
when he does come. I doubt that arguing with kjpro will be much
different than wrestling with a pig in the mud, sooner or later
you figure out the pig kinda likes it.

Killfile who? :-)

find all solutions to skin care problems, hair care problems, nail care issues.. bina Home Ownership 0 August 1st 06 11:48 AM
HW and CH Problems tommy UK diy 7 February 19th 06 07:07 PM
RCB PROBLEMS PhilÅ UK diy 20 January 25th 05 07:59 AM
Extending a hallway, problems, problems... Christian McArdle UK diy 1 October 15th 04 05:40 PM
RCA VCR problems Mark D. Zacharias Electronics Repair 3 September 16th 03 12:19 AM